1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Galaxy nexus!

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4

Default Are there any roms that help the evo's battery life?

I want to root and put a good Rom on my evo but I'm trying to figure out which one has the best battery life. Anybody know?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Androidrookie84 View Post
    I want to root and put a good Rom on my evo but I'm trying to figure out which one has the best battery life. Anybody know?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    In my experience the best "out of the box" rom for battery life has been EViO by Calkulin:

The only caveat I had with that rom is that you can't USB tether while on 4G.

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 tiamat 4.0.1 sbc

Ava Z3 with calkulins kernel tweak is awesome for me. But every phone is different just try a couple of different ones until you find the one best for you.
    EVOlution----the future of the smartphone

HAD TO RETIRE MY EVO FOR A EVO LTE

ROM
    Viper Rom ICS Android 4.0

This one just came out last night, its the fastest, and battery life is great!!

Global Posts
    745 Global Posts

How do you know battery life is great if you've only had it for one day?

ROM
    CM7

I'm trying it out right now ill let you know tomorrow in the middle of the day if it is good with battery life!

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

I get good battery life on Kings Ultra 2, well a lot better then being stock.

ROM
    CM7

Well with the Kings Unleashed im at 45% with 8 hours that's with playing games, an hour of music,a good hour on the phone and some Facebook updates here and there oh yeah and text messaging so for me that pretty good

Ill post tomorrow if i get some change

ROM
    CM7

Okay so here is my update on Kings UNleashed battery.

Im at 50% with 11hrs 22min

Not alot of texts, no music, 9 minutes on the phone, facebook here and there, Words with friends for a bit, and some internet browsing.

So that got a lot better and im happy with that

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Nearly all roms will give you better battery. Most roms will adjust your cpu when screen is off. Or you can run a cpu app that will give you more cpu speed as you need it. Some roms you dont need to do that because its built in....

You can run SBC kernals that some people say will give you a lot more battery.

I was running Myn's Warm and could get 18 hours with 25% still left after a good day of usage.

Ran Myn's warm z and got about 8 hours out of it with the same usage.

Running MIUI right now and got 16 hours 6min. with 40% battery left.

Warm Z was RLS1 and is a port from a different phone, only thing I can think that would give me crap battery or I was just on it more then I thought I was.

I feel that I am always on the phone.....

Most ROMs have a perflock disabler (I know this because set cpu told me that perflock was already disabled) That saves a good amount of battery. Oh, and I have CM 7

i've been getting better battery having amon bootloader instead of clockwork mod.

i thought it was a fluke but i've gone back and forth for the past week now. i'm sticking with amon.

I have tried a bunch of roms hoping for good battery life. That EViO by Calkulin hates my 004 for some reason and was one of the worst in terms of battery life for me. The best ROM that I found without changing the kernal was SPRINTLOVERS on xda. It is a slightly modified version of the stock software, but it just agreed with my phone I guess. I have been using CM7 recently and that gets ok battery life (9-12 hrs). Last night I flash the saveged zen cfs sbc kernal () on top of CM7 nightly 12, and this is the best battery life I have seen from any ROM on this phone. After 4.5 hours I am at 92%.

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Sense 3.5

I too have flashed many ROMs and kernels in hopes of finding better battery life. Like others, I found that it still comes down to signal strength, hardware version, etc. Outside of known battery issues associated with certain ROMs or kernels (which are mentioned in the threads), it's really difficult to mimic the results of others.
    Those who nobly do their best have no reason to bow their head in shame