Might have rooting issue!

Rudiepoo1

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok, first time rooter here and following these steps from the rooting 3.7 guide posted here. I'm currently on step 8, copied first line "adb shell" and now I've seen what appears to be a dollar sign for maybe 10 minutes or so. Tried hitting enter and dollar sign prompt keeps appearing. Did something go wrong? I've followed it to a "T" so far but now I'm in limbo - please HELP!!!

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
How did these two lines go:

adb -d install -r root/z4root.apk
adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.z4mod.z4root/com.z4mod.z4root.z4root

?

Rudiepoo1

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Wow, got past that point but now having issues again. Moved on to step 15 after having to pull the battery and did the adp push recovery command fine but now it's stuck at the busybox command.

Rudiepoo1

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Good deal! I'm glad you're all good.

Thanks, could you fill me in regarding navigating around to perform nandroid back ups as well as some things listed on this link. Super newbie here and just need to read up and familiarize myself so I can start being able to flash new ROM's, etc.

Right now about the only thing I've done aside from installing my backed up apps was to install ROM manager.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, could you fill me in regarding navigating around to perform nandroid back ups as well as some things listed on this link. Super newbie here and just need to read up and familiarize myself so I can start being able to flash new ROM's, etc.

Right now about the only thing I've done aside from installing my backed up apps was to install ROM manager.

You can backup your current ROM in Rom Manager.

Just open it up, go to backup current rom and give it a name, hit OK. The phone will reboot and backup your current rom to the sdcard, then it will reboot back to your software.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX