Flashing a rom with Rom Manager HELP

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I think I am done with this thing, I keep getting and exclamation mark inside the triangle when flashing over Myns Z Rom, I have also noticed that this happens with other things like boot animations etc. At the bottom once attempt to flash the rom, it says "aborted" and something about Clockwork Mod 3.xx... what else is there to Flash roms? is this the only way?

BTW i did wipe all data/cache.dalvich, etc, and I did attpmt to go back to 2.5 and still the same message...please advice.:confused:

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I think I am done with this thing, I keep getting and exclamation mark inside the triangle when flashing over Myns Z Rom, I have also noticed that this happens with other things like boot animations etc. At the bottom once attempt to flash the rom, it says "aborted" and something about Clockwork Mod 3.xx... what else is there to Flash roms? is this the only way?

BTW i did wipe all data/cache.dalvich, etc, and I did attpmt to go back to 2.5 and still the same message...please advice.:confused:

You should see an option to flash an alternative recovery, Amon RA.

If not then you can get it here [Recovery] [09-Feb-2011] RA-supersonic-v2.3 - xda-developers. Boatloader method seems to be the easiest.

Reactions: jnl813

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
OK I am glad you responded, can you educate me on what is Amon recovery? And what should I go with going forward? What is better? ( less issues )

I have been using Rom Manager, but I keep hearing about these issues and now I am seeing them myself...

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion Amon is better. Never had any issues with Amon.

Amon doesn't use the auto flashing. Once you got your ROM or whatever you want to flash on your sdcard then you flash it. Also when comes to backing up you can choose what to back up. There are 3 that are already picked, plus you can back up your wimax rsa keys!

Another opinion of mine is I don't see the point of paying for a "premium" version just so I could install cm7 nightly builds. I can just download them myself and install. Also when I did try it out not all the roms could be downloaded. Got errors.

With Amon there is one thing but it WILL NOT do any harm. When you go to reboot there is a little screen tear. It is a known bug but very harmless

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow...very good points ...why in the world did I pay for it!!! Ok im sold now do I uninstall RM or what do I need to do to switch? Is it free? Sorry but im so use to RM I thought this was the only way possible ...

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Amon is a free recovery. You can use the rom manager to flash amon or go to the site I linked you to and install amon through the bootloader. You can uninstall rom manger because it is just an app.

One thing I should point out to you. Its VERY IMPORTANT! The back ups you made with clockworkmod will not work with amon ra.

So if you want to still use those back ups will need to restore them with clockworkmod and then switch back to amon and do a back up with it. Yeah it might take some time but at least you will have them.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
RM now supports Amon I believe. My Brain Hurts: ROM Manager ? Any Recovery

It's good to buy the app and show the dev some love and $$ :)

I agree 100% about buying apps to help support the devs but I didn't see the reason to use his. Don't get me wrong, very good idea with having roms at one spot. Keeps from searching but they wouldn't download half the time. I had too many problems.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So now that I flashed Amon into Rom Manager...what do I do next to try to flash the Rom? is it the same? DO I go into recovery?

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I went into recovery, and this looks awesome! it has the HTC symbol, i went ahead and looked for the Zip file in my SD card...it looks like its working...keeping my fingers crossed...BTW with this method, do I need to wipe data as well before flashing a rom?

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
So now that I flashed Amon into Rom Manager...what do I do next to try to flash the Rom? is it the same? DO I go into recovery?
Yes, just go into recovery. Either do the vol down + power or a lot of custom roms has it when you hold the power and select reboot it will give the option to go into it from there.

Make backup -> wipe data, cache, davlik -> install zip from sd card -> then pick your rom

If you get an abort about a signature issue then you can toggle it off, but I think on version 2.3 he has it set off by defualt.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
it worked!!!!! wow.... thanks guys, I will hit your thanks button for each of you!!!!

BTW I am sticking with this method from now on, its simpler to use.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I went into recovery, and this looks awesome! it has the HTC symbol, i went ahead and looked for the Zip file in my SD card...it looks like its working...keeping my fingers crossed...BTW with this method, do I need to wipe data as well before flashing a rom?

Any time you change ROMS you should always wipe data unless you are changing nightlies or updating rom versions. That will be clarified by the dev of that rom if data needs to be cleared. cache and davlik are always cleared

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21