EVO Music app

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone recommend any apps for better music quality? Is there an apk that anyone can share? All i ant is better treble than the stock one. I dont want to have to buy some fancy app from the Market to simply get this if there is one out there that can do this...:cool:

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about improvements to quality, but the MIUI music player is way better than the stock HTC player. Might be worth checking out to see if you do get any improvements to the sound.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Also, if you're still running Myn's Z ROM there is an app called DSPManager that is preinstaled with the ROM. This allows you to create custom sound profies based on the output device you are using (speaker, headphones, and Bluetooth). I haven't messed with this a lot but it looks like there are settings in there that would allow you to adjust the trebble feeds up and lower the bass feeds, for each device type. Give that a shot and see if it helps.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Also, if you're still running Myn's Z ROM there is an app called DSPManager that is preinstaled with the ROM. This allows you to create custom sound profies based on the output device you are using (speaker, headphones, and Bluetooth). I haven't messed with this a lot but it looks like there are settings in there that would allow you to adjust the trebble feeds up and lower the bass feeds, for each device type. Give that a shot and see if it helps.

FYI, DSPManager is also included in Calkulin's EViO 2 ROM as well as CM6.1.2

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
dsp manager is horrible causes all kinds of distortion on every profile, you make any significant changes and sound quality goes strait to the toilet at least for me on every rom ive tried that had it.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about improvements to quality, but the MIUI music player is way better than the stock HTC player. Might be worth checking out to see if you do get any improvements to the sound.

sorry if this derails (or offends), but new to the ecosystem. I would like to try some shared apk's like the one you posted and others, but I'm pretty fearful of bundled Trojans. I have lookout so not sure if my paranoia is unwarranted.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
If you get your apk's from known developers on XDA then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Those guys are all about the open source community and would only bring about a huge downfall to it if they started posting stuff that was full of trojans/viruses. At this point there isn't a lot to be worried about.