Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Default Unrevoked question

anyone know where i can get wireless thether that will work on the evo. i just installed unrevoked and wondering what else to do with it

in the market, search Wireless Tether that's the name of the program. Also may check out SetCPU, Go! Launcher EX(doesn't require root but is awesome nonetheless), Apps2SD, AdFree(kills nearly all adds) and search for ROOT in market to get a few more ideas.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by new2android7609 View Post
    how do i install that bleeding cowboy font that you told me before. i've found the ttf file on my PC now what? Thanks in advance

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by jayn2g View Post
    how do i install that bleeding cowboy font that you told me before. i've found the ttf file on my PC now what? Thanks in advance
    get fontchanger from the market. Its free

Once fontchanger is installed, go to your sd card and find .fontchanger. It should be near the top of the list. There is where you put the ttf file, then back out and go the fontchanger app and it will show up. Just click on it and it will ask to reboot and select yes.

Just a heads up, that font looks fine on large text but it is hard to read on smaller.
    Thanked by:
    jayn2g 

I used unrevoked3 to root. However that is as far as I have gotten. I have superuser permission, but am not sure what to do next. My goal is to be able to install custom roms.

I have a feeling I need to install a custom recovery (I guess like clockworkmod) but I was under the impression that was with unrevoked. What is my next step?

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by ClermontKarate View Post
    I used unrevoked3 to root. However that is as far as I have gotten. I have superuser permission, but am not sure what to do next. My goal is to be able to install custom roms.

I have a feeling I need to install a custom recovery (I guess like clockworkmod) but I was under the impression that was with unrevoked. What is my next step?
    First welcome to Android Central.

You can use clockworkmod but there are known issues. Many have better luck with 2.x.x build. I believe its 2.5 or so.

Me personally, I recommend Amon RA. If you don't feel comfortable yet with flashing manually, then you can add Amon RA or clockworkmod an eaiser way. Get rom manager from the market. From there you can add either one. clockworkmod is at top and amon ra is at the bottom under alternative recovery.
    My vote is for amon ra but its up to you.

Once you have one of the two install you need to make a nandroid (backup) of your current stock rom.

Once you do that pick a rom you like and put it on your sd card. (this will be the manually way of doing it). Wipe your data, cache, and dalvik cache. clockworkmod has dalvik under advance, I believe. Once you have that done, choose flash from sd card and then select the rom.

Now the rom you pick will be a personally option. If you like the stock version you can try sprint lovers, if you want a version of stock but without the sense then you can try vaelpak, or there is a 3rd option. Its AOSP (Android Open Source Project), its pure android. Cyanogenmod is a popular one. I'm usnig CM7 nightly builds which is based off of 2.3.3 Gingerbread. there is also CM6.1.2 which is a stable build that is from Froyo. Important info about AOSP roms. Make sure you get the gapps (google apps) for the rom. With AOSP roms you want to flash the rom first and then the gapps. If you don't get the gapps then you won't have the market and some others as well.

Just read, look around, and flash to see what you like. XDA is good place to check out the roms.

Happy flashing! It does become addicting lol

If you have any more questions just ask. We are willing to help

First, Let me apologize if I just hijacked this thread. I just felt since it was an unrevoked thread I might be able to ask a question regarding how I rootied.

As far as putting the rom on the sd card, I have a link below of a screenshot of my sd card.

Here is the link:
    SD Card - Clermontkarate's library

I have 2 zipped files on there right now. one is appearantly a rom for my old phone (moment) and there is another (not sure what it is). I assume I can just save it right next to these zipped files. Maybe even delete the old ones?

My other question would be: Should I leave them zipped? My guess is yes, leave them zipped.

Newtoandroid, thanks for your guidance so far.

ROM
    Stock for now

To keep from flashing the wrong rom I would delete the old ones. Yes just put it right on the sd card and not in a folder.

Yes leave them zipped

Anytime, that is why I'm here plus others as well. Just trying to help just as others helped me

I downloaded ROM Manager (FREE version). Flash Alternative Recovery says "No alternate recovery available. Is that because I need to dl the paid version?

I did a little research and learned that I need to flash Clockworkmod first, then it will give me the amon ra option.

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by ClermontKarate View Post
    I did a little research and learned that I need to flash Clockworkmod first, then it will give me the amon ra option.
    Will keep that in mind next time