MikFroyo 4.5 + Swype

ErikN

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone I am new to the whole rooting/ rom world and I got MikFroyo 4.5 Rom as my first rom. I wanted to know how can I get the swype keyboard on this. I appreciate your help.

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
usually press menu when you are in a text message window and you get a pop up asking which keyboard you want to use. try that

ErikN

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried DPG but that didn't work. I just got used to the Swype keyboard. Now i'm back to the stock and can't seem to figure out how to get it back. Anyone else have any input?

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Under settings, click language & keyboard and see if Swype is there. If it is make sure it is checked, and then it should be selectable if you long press in a text field and hit input method. If it is not in the keyboard menu then it didn't come with your ROM. Either way, head to beta.swype.com and sign up for the beta program. Once accepted you will never be without, just keep the installer apk they give you on your SD card and you can use it in any rom.

ErikN

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I actually got the answer from venemus @ XDA and am posting to share just in case anyone else has similar question. "Long press on anywhere you can type something. Then select input method>select swype."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463