Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Downloaded and unzipped new cyanogenmod 7.0, phone will not load up.

I downloaded the new cyanogenmod 7.0 and after it did it's thing in recovery I rebooted it. Once I rebooted it the phone would not load past the skateboarding droid guy. After a loooong while I decided to pull the battery and now when I try to load my orginal fresh rom, this phone just keeps loading and saying that "fresh" opening screen every 1 minute or so. Is my phone toast?

So, you are still able to get into recovery? If you are its not a big deal, just re download CM7, wipe everything like 3 times, and flash it. Sometimes you have to wipe several times.

Sounds like you might not have wiped cache, etc. before flashing. Perhaps this is the case?

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS / Sense 3.5

Something similar happened to me last weekend when attempting to flash a theme. I rebooted into Recovery and did a Nandroid Restore. Hope it works out for you!

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock SGSIIE4GT

if you can boot into recovery use Calkulins Format All zip found here:
    [ Mods ][ 12-21 ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes [Unlocked Tether l MMS Resize l Reboot Mod] - xda-developers

then reflash CM7, should boot fine.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yes thankfully I can reboot into recovery mode. So I'm going to try the Calkulin's format all zip now. I cleared cache a couple minutes ago and redownloaded fresh.. Still a no go.

I doubt it is the phone. try the format all, and if that doesn't work, try a different ROM. If that still doesn't work, try flashing SPRINTLOVERS PC36IMG.zip from the boot loader.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I wanna thank all of you guys for your help. The nandroid restore fixed this issue. You guys are awesome!
    Retired Moderator

Carrier
    Ice Cream Sandwich

You do not unzip roms, you flash them in. Zip form.