how long does it take?

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Back when I rooted it took about 20 min. or so.. Cm7 is probably your best bet for gingerbread, tho there are quite a few out there

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I am pretty sure I have the rooting process down with unrevoked 3, that's pretty strait forward. Its after that I know I rom manager to flash roms. But what do I do to back things up right after the root. I hear a lot of apps throw around like Nandroid, and titaium back up.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
For individual apps, Titanium backup. I would recommend you buy it so you can do a batch restore.

For the entire ROM (Do this before flashing a new one), NANDROID.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Install custom recovery (Clockwork or Amon RA)
-Done through ROM Manager
14y4evt.png

Download ROM of choice. Make sure Google Apps is checked
33kch9g.png

Install ROM (Download through ROM manager or Install ROM from SD Card)
Make sure that the Backup and Wipe are checked.
t7mt5g.png

Last edited:

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
So I can use that to back up even the stock EVO Rom? I'm sorry for asking so many questions I just want to be sure. I haven't modded anything since my Palm Pre.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
To install clockwork recovery I just tap Flash ClockworkMod recovery? And one last question a when you do a backup whats included? Is it just a Snap shot of your currents setup?

Is this it well except on the EVO the bootloader screen it white. From there I should be able to restore and backup or through the Rom manager App. Then to install roms I just use the app and pick one I like? Is it really this easy?

Last edited:

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it will then flash Clockwork
Nandroid backups everything in your NAND. Apps, settings, texts. Basically just like you have your phone now.
You can install ROMs through Clockwork as well, but doing it through ROM Manager is easier
Yes, it is this easy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781