Quesiton on nandroid vs. Rom manager backups

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just curious of how I can name my backups using Nandroid?

I have been using Rom manager clockwork for backups because it was easy allowing you to name and backup and done. However since the newest releases of Rom manager this is becoming pretty difficult and just sitting at the recovery screen or rebooting.

I would prefer to use Amonra for everything, but I do not know how to name them in there? Do I just let it name itself then plug into the PC and rename once Im on the SD card?

Any help?

Last edited:

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
That is one way of renaming the nandroid, through the PC. I use astro file manager to rename mine. Just remember you can't have spaces in the name or it won't work.

I personally prefer Amon RA :)

Last edited:

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
That is one way of renaming the nandroid, through the PC. I use astro file manager to rename mine. Just remember you can't have spaces in the name or it won't work.

I personally prefer Amon RA :)

+1 just use a file explorer and rename, i keep three backups. One for Myn, One for Fresh and One for Mags Destroyer.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh you cant even use spaces? I figured special characters and numbers would be a problem, but never sure.

so only spaces is an issue?

No spaces. I learned that from other people way back, but then a few days ago by accident I put a space in the name and it wouldn't work when I tried to flash it back. It took me a minute to figure it out but I corrected it and it worked.

Never heard of anyone having problems with special characters nor have I used any. Well just " - " is all I use.

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, dumb question here: are Nandroid backup and the backup feature thru Rom Manager the same thing? Or are these 2 fundamentally different backup applications? Thnx,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza