Unrooting and switching numbers

temotoren

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Can anybody give me the link of how to unroot, I used unrevoked 3.

Once i buy the evo 3d when it comes out I'm giving the phone to my sister. Do I have to unroot to put in a new number or could I dot it with cyanogenmod 7?

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Can anybody give me the link of how to unroot, I used unrevoked 3.

Once i buy the evo 3d when it comes out I'm giving the phone to my sister. Do I have to unroot to put in a new number or could I dot it with cyanogenmod 7?

i mean there IS a link on the top of the forums you were reading to do the very thing your asking....plus the search function works too.....just sayin.....but here ya go: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/55886-guide-return-stock-after-using-unrevoked-forever.html

as far as putting a new number in...pretty sure you have to call sprint so they can activate the phone with her number if thats what your wanting to do or put it on her acct if she has one...or else you have to open a new line on your plan for her....dunno how you have that part set up...but in short thats done thru sprint.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You will not need to unroot in order to transfer your EVO to your sister's number. I did a phone number swap with one of the devices being rooted a couple of days ago over the phone with Sprint with no hitch :)

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Where you on a custom rom

Yes, ThundeROM on the Optimus S. Both numbers already existed on my accout. The Optimus is, of course, still rooted and running TR 1.8 and the EVO, which was switched to my personal number, is now rooted and on Sprint Lovers :D