My phone WILL NOT root.. Help!

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying since this morning to root my EVO with no luck. Once I open unrevoked it just says waiting for device. I have tried everything. I have selected debug, unknown sources, charge only, I tried it with disk drive, I enabled root user on my mac, I have formatted SD card, reformatted phone and it just will not recognize my phone. I have tried different usb slots, a different cable and nothing. The computer will recognize the phone by itself with disk drive, but nothing with unrevoked. Any help is appreciated!!!
Thanks
I am on the latest software 3.70.651.1

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Unrevoked works on mac, there are several videos and writeups of it, mine just won't. However, I said to he!! with it and pulled out my old trusty HP and got rooted in under 10 mins.

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Did you do the prior steps before running the reflash package?

Step 1: Install and uninstall HTC sync. It installs needed drivers onto your computer, and leaves them there when you uninstall the program. Un-install is needed so it does not interfere with the reflash program.

Step 2: Download modified USB drivers. Boot phone into bootloader. Plug in cable and select HBOOT USB. When pop up window comes up select install from specific location. Browse and find the modified USB driver file and hit ok.

Step 3: Turn Phone on. Run reflash package and follow directions when they come up, be patient and let it do its thing. Phone will reboot a few times. When successful it will tell you.

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Did you do the prior steps before running the reflash package?

Step 1: Install and uninstall HTC sync. It installs needed drivers onto your computer, and leaves them there when you uninstall the program. Un-install is needed so it does not interfere with the reflash program.

Step 2: Download modified USB drivers. Boot phone into bootloader. Plug in cable and select HBOOT USB. When pop up window comes up select install from specific location. Browse and find the modified USB driver file and hit ok.

Step 3: Turn Phone on. Run reflash package and follow directions when they come up, be patient and let it do its thing. Phone will reboot a few times. When successful it will tell you.

I only had issues with my mac, when I used my windows computer everything went smoothly and I was done in 10 minutes.

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh no worries, I'm glad I am done. I was trying since this morning and could not get it to work on my mac no matter what I tried.

jaileer

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a mac and it won't work on my evo yet. Can somebody help me out?

There are MANY people here WAY more qualified to help than i, but I'll do what i can! I do know, however, that anyone who would try to help you would need more info. What have you done? Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

marco1978

May 28, 2010
Visit site
i have my usb debugging check on evo and have charge only and revoked software on macbook won't don anything, it just says waiting for device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513