Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My phone WILL NOT root.. Help!

I have been trying since this morning to root my EVO with no luck. Once I open unrevoked it just says waiting for device. I have tried everything. I have selected debug, unknown sources, charge only, I tried it with disk drive, I enabled root user on my mac, I have formatted SD card, reformatted phone and it just will not recognize my phone. I have tried different usb slots, a different cable and nothing. The computer will recognize the phone by itself with disk drive, but nothing with unrevoked. Any help is appreciated!!!
    Thanks
    I am on the latest software 3.70.651.1

I'm having the same problem and can't figure out what to do next.

i think you answered your own question. i do not believe Unrevoked works on Mac.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Unrevoked works on mac, there are several videos and writeups of it, mine just won't. However, I said to he!! with it and pulled out my old trusty HP and got rooted in under 10 mins.

ROM
    MikZ and MikFroyo 4.5

Did you do the prior steps before running the reflash package?

Step 1: Install and uninstall HTC sync. It installs needed drivers onto your computer, and leaves them there when you uninstall the program. Un-install is needed so it does not interfere with the reflash program.

Step 2: Download modified USB drivers. Boot phone into bootloader. Plug in cable and select HBOOT USB. When pop up window comes up select install from specific location. Browse and find the modified USB driver file and hit ok.

Step 3: Turn Phone on. Run reflash package and follow directions when they come up, be patient and let it do its thing. Phone will reboot a few times. When successful it will tell you.

MikG or CM7

FullHDMI on both
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by SSjon View Post
    Did you do the prior steps before running the reflash package?

Step 1: Install and uninstall HTC sync. It installs needed drivers onto your computer, and leaves them there when you uninstall the program. Un-install is needed so it does not interfere with the reflash program.

Step 2: Download modified USB drivers. Boot phone into bootloader. Plug in cable and select HBOOT USB. When pop up window comes up select install from specific location. Browse and find the modified USB driver file and hit ok.

Step 3: Turn Phone on. Run reflash package and follow directions when they come up, be patient and let it do its thing. Phone will reboot a few times. When successful it will tell you.
    I only had issues with my mac, when I used my windows computer everything went smoothly and I was done in 10 minutes.

ROM
    MikZ and MikFroyo 4.5

oh sorry, I have never flashed with Mac before just a few Windows computers

MikG or CM7

FullHDMI on both
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Oh no worries, I'm glad I am done. I was trying since this morning and could not get it to work on my mac no matter what I tried.

I'm using a mac and it won't work on my evo yet. Can somebody help me out?

ROM
    CM7 RC2

Quote Originally Posted by popper668 View Post
    i think you answered your own question. i do not believe Unrevoked works on Mac.
    I rooted using unrevoked on my mac. I think it's probably a step simpler because you dont have to worry about downloading the hboot files.

ROM
    CM7 RC2

Quote Originally Posted by marco1978 View Post
    I'm using a mac and it won't work on my evo yet. Can somebody help me out?
    There are MANY people here WAY more qualified to help than i, but I'll do what i can! I do know, however, that anyone who would try to help you would need more info. What have you done? Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

I would have to say unrevoked3 is probably the easiest way to root the Evo on a mac or a PC as well.

i have my usb debugging check on evo and have charge only and revoked software on macbook won't don anything, it just says waiting for device.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Yes check you hboot version. They may be other steps that need to be taken depending on your hboot version.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Quote Originally Posted by marco1978 View Post
    i have my usb debugging check on evo and have charge only and revoked software on macbook won't don anything, it just says waiting for device.
    Go to your app settings and make sure you have Unknown Sources checked.

ROM
    CM7 RC2

Try setting your phone to "Disk Drive" instead of "Charge Only," that's how i did it.