NEED Help! EVO FROZE

joep417

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
My EVo just keeps freezing in the HTC EVO 4G screen. I think it might be the rom was corrupted when i loaded into my sdcard. i did not do a back up (wish i wouldve) is there a way i can load another rom into the sd card from recovery screen. please help.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
From Amon RA you can. When connected to your pc just go into recovery and select usb-ms toggle.

If on clockworkmod (not familiar with it) there should be a similar option.

You can also do it through the bootloader. Hook up to the computer and then fastboot

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
alot of times when u get stuck on the EVO SCREEN...i wanna say thats because the phne didnt wipe the DALVIK-CACHE properly......hey new2android7609...is thats right?......when u get stuck on that screen....u either didnt wipe or the chache didnt wipe correctly from the RECOVERY???????

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
alot of times when u get stuck on the EVO SCREEN...i wanna say thats because the phne didnt wipe the DALVIK-CACHE properly......hey new2android7609...is thats right?......when u get stuck on that screen....u either didnt wipe or the chache didnt wipe correctly from the RECOVERY???????

Sorry for the late response, I missed it.

Not wiping could be an issue. Don't know if the op did that or not. Also, about the file being corrupted, the recovery can pick up on that. There have been times when I go to flash a file and it will start and then stop and say bad file or something along those lines.

@joep417- Did you get the problem solved?

Reactions: reverepats

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the late response, I missed it.

Not wiping could be an issue. Don't know if the op did that or not. Also, about the file being corrupted, the recovery can pick up on that. There have been times when I go to flash a file and it will start and then stop and say bad file or something along those lines.

@joep417- Did you get the problem solved?
ohh no kiddding.....well thats good to know THANKS.....i never got that messgae before in recovery but i just was curious for the future yaknow....can hurt to know this little stuff ya know lOL.....alright guy thanks agin

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I should had mentioned that it won't catch it every time. There could be a chance that it does install and then bootloop. I have been lucky about not having a bootloop from a bad file.

You could also check the msd to make sure it matches. Checking the msd is the safest route.

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I should had mentioned that it won't catch it every time. There could be a chance that it does install and then bootloop. I have been lucky about not having a bootloop from a bad file.

You could also check the msd to make sure it matches. Checking the msd is the safest route.
GREAT....ill DEF keep that in mind.......

SUBCRIBED.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair