Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Switch Camera Option Missing in CM7 RC4

    I have CM7 RC4 installed on my EVO, and the camera does not have the option to switch camera. I know others who have the same installation through Rom Manager that have the front facing camera. I have tried reflashing, wiping data/cache, but nothing changed.

    Is there some way to update the camera app?

    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    daklown's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

    Default

    Are you using the stock kernel? Also what hw version are you on. In the stock cm camera when I press menu there is a switch camera button.
  3. #3  
    bberrynewbie84's Avatar
    Galaxy nexus!

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    624 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4

    Default

    mines work!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Is PC36100 the hardware version? In my stock CM camera, when I hit menu I have only "Switch to video", "Gallery" and "Advanced Options"
  5. #5  
    SmokeCrawler's Avatar

    Posts
    1,288 Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    PC36100 is the model number for the EVO. Hardware would be the 003 or 004. I'm running RC4 with hardware 003 and mine is there. Do you have the option in the regular settings? Should be on the far left, beside the zoom. Its a box with wave looking image inside it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    I don't see anything with a 003 or 004, but I do not have the option there either. I have looked at a friend's phone who has the same RC4 setup as me, and he has the front facing camera, but I do not. Thanks.
  7. #7  
    reverepats's Avatar

    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goodness 3.0.0

    Default

    its a little blurry but u can see the little blue box on the left side....it say front and back.....just below theres a little white box...you dont have that little box?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Switch Camera Option Missing in CM7 RC4-269613607.jpg  
  8. #8  
    SmokeCrawler's Avatar

    Posts
    1,288 Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jordan8201 View Post
    I don't see anything with a 003 or 004, but I do not have the option there either. I have looked at a friend's phone who has the same RC4 setup as me, and he has the front facing camera, but I do not. Thanks.

    I don't think Cyanogenmod shows it anywhere. I haven't been able to find it. Don't know if it is an AOSP thing or what. On a Sense base ROM I believe its in about phone. Haven't been on a Sense base in a long time, thats why I can't truly remember.

    From my understanding CM7 camera should work for either one. Haven't heard everyone saying the camera hasn't been working.

    Have you tried to reflash it from a full wipe (data, cache, dalvik)? I know it sucks having to setup the home screen to where you had it, but that might work. No guarantee, just a suggestion.
  9. #9  
    reverepats's Avatar

    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goodness 3.0.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by new2android7609 View Post
    I don't think Cyanogenmod shows it anywhere. I haven't been able to find it. Don't know if it is an AOSP thing or what. On a Sense base ROM I believe its in about phone. Haven't been on a Sense base in a long time, thats why I can't truly remember.

    From my understanding CM7 camera should work for either one. Haven't heard everyone saying the camera hasn't been working.

    Have you tried to reflash it from a full wipe (data, cache, dalvik)? I know it sucks having to setup the home screen to where you had it, but that might work. No guarantee, just a suggestion.
    new2android7609.....NO YUR RIGHT......on a SENSE based ROM it shows yur harware version but CM definately doesnt.....BUT....jordan8201....i would do what he^^^^^^...said and just reflash it....make sure you wipe dalvik and cache......see what happens....also take a look at my screen shot of my CM& RC4 and make sure u have the little white box underneath the blue one....thats where u enable the back or front camera
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    I definitely don't have that button. It's very odd. I have reflashed, wiping data, but not cache. I did it from ROM Manager, so it doesn't give the option to wipe Dalvik. Maybe I just need to try to download and do it manually. Everything else seems to be working properly. I was getting a lot of force closes with RC4, but they seem to have been resolved when I uninstalled Firefox.
  11. #11  
    SmokeCrawler's Avatar

    Posts
    1,288 Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jordan8201 View Post
    I definitely don't have that button. It's very odd. I have reflashed, wiping data, but not cache. I did it from ROM Manager, so it doesn't give the option to wipe Dalvik. Maybe I just need to try to download and do it manually. Everything else seems to be working properly. I was getting a lot of force closes with RC4, but they seem to have been resolved when I uninstalled Firefox.
    Have you tried other versions of the rom? Example would be other RCs or even the Nightly builds?

    If you don't have the paid version of Rom Manager and want to use the nightly build to see if you can get the camera working, then you can find it here .

    You'll need to wipe the caches.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by new2android7609 View Post
    Have you tried other versions of the rom? Example would be other RCs or even the Nightly builds?

    If you don't have the paid version of Rom Manager and want to use the nightly build to see if you can get the camera working, then you can find it here .

    You'll need to wipe the caches.
    I just tried manually flashing RC4, wiping data/cache/dalvik. Still no good. I will try the latest nightly now. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to think.

    I had RC2 before, but I don't remember even trying to use the front facing camera when I had it.
  13. #13  
    SmokeCrawler's Avatar

    Posts
    1,288 Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jordan8201 View Post
    I just tried manually flashing RC4, wiping data/cache/dalvik. Still no good. I will try the latest nightly now. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to think.

    I had RC2 before, but I don't remember even trying to use the front facing camera when I had it.
    If that doesn't work then you might ask in this forum http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...iscussion.html to see if anyone else has ran into it. They might have a solution, but I never seen anyone else with this problem. However, that doesn't mean it isn't happening to others.
  14. #14  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    Open up the camera app, and make sure its set to take pictures and not video. Then, at the very left it should have a box with what looks like mountains or something, hit it and switch to the front camera.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default

    I am definitely in picture mode, and that box is not there. Strange, I know.
  16. #16  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jordan8201 View Post
    I am definitely in picture mode, and that box is not there. Strange, I know.
    Post a screen shot if you would, of your opened camera app.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Post a screen shot if you would, of your opened camera app.
    Here it is. I am now running Nightly #35 with the same results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Switch Camera Option Missing in CM7 RC4-snap20110404_194342.jpg  
  18. #18  

    Default

    I'm on Nightly 35 and have the mountain box.

    If you press Menu, you should see a "Switch Camera" option. Do you see that?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default

    No, the only options I have when I hit menu are "Switch to video", "Gallery" and "Advanced Options"
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jordan8201 View Post
    No, the only options I have when I hit menu are "Switch to video", "Gallery" and "Advanced Options"
    Beats me then. Sorry not much help. I wonder if for some reason it doesn't think you have a front camera. I'm relatively new to rooting (only been running CM7 for about 5 days now), so not sure what would cause that, if that would be the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by reverepats View Post
    its a little blurry but u can see the little blue box on the left side....it say front and back.....just below theres a little white box...you dont have that little box?
    How did you change the skin of the camera? I'm probably going to keep using Vignette anyways, but just curious how that is done.

Posting Permissions

B