Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting Evo 4g... WTF?!?!?!?!

Ok so I've tried two different methods of rooting my friends htc evo and both methods, it comes to the pc36img.zip file, i'm in the bootloader and It scans and says no image or wrong image, I've tried three different download locations for that file and same result... any ideas?

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

yea i'm going thru that too and when i try to find that zip i find old ones from going to google and goin thru xda forums but haven't found an updated one and its driving me insane and i feel like i rooted for nothing *sigh*
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I used unrevoked with a mac and when I try to flash a rom it scans for that file in the boot loader menu and says no image found. I try to keep flashing and install the rom and it says aborted and has floyd with a triangle and installation mark and says update zip not found and I'm at a loss of what to do
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ronniebaby85 View Post
    I used unrevoked with a mac and when I try to flash a rom it scans for that file in the boot loader menu and says no image found. I try to keep flashing and install the rom and it says aborted and has floyd with a triangle and installation mark and says update zip not found and I'm at a loss of what to do
    If your root was successful I suggest you grab Rom Manager from the market and use that to flash custom ROMs, it really makes life a lot easier.

ROM
    Stock for now

The rom gets flashed in the recovery, not bootloader.

Do you have a custom recovery installed, either clockworkmod or Amon RA?
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

so... are you saying use unrevoked because the evo i'm working with has the patch and won't allow me to flash the pc36img? or just do it because it's simpler?
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by haxle View Post
    so... are you saying use unrevoked because the evo i'm working with has the patch and won't allow me to flash the pc36img? or just do it because it's simpler?
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...1-24-11-a.html

It is simpler but here's some more info on it.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I have rom manager and it has the clock work mod and I read somewhere that the 3.x versions don't work so I flashed it to 2.0.0.5 or whatever that option is but I'll try it using just rom manager either when I get off 2nite or 2morrow morNing thanks for all the help guys!

ROM
    Stock for now

I have rom manager and it has the clock work mod and I read somewhere that the 3.x versions don't work so I flashed it to 2.0.0.5 or whatever that option is but I'll try it using just rom manager either when I get off 2nite or 2morrow morNing thanks for all the help guys!
    If you run into problems or have any more questions just ask. Remember, when you flash different roms wipe data and the cache. Rom Manager will give you the option for this.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

if you want to keep your apps data i would use titanium backup before you flash a rom

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

ok so i'm in the process of flashing or loading the rom that i want (myn's warm z 2.2) and its been stuck on the animation for it going on an hour and i've read that it does take a while when it's your 1st time flashing a rom but about how much longer do you guys think i have before i should try again?

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Sweet baby Jesus it worked!! I've officially flashed my 1st Rom and I'm so excited thanks for all the help you guys are awesome woot woot!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Just wanted you guys to know I got my friends phone rooted just fine finally.. i think it had something to do with the goldcard.. i initally formatted it in FAT instead of FAT32 and then i redid the goldcard and it noticed the pc36img then..

Sweet baby Jesus it worked!! I've officially flashed my 1st Rom and I'm so excited thanks for all the help you guys are awesome woot woot!
    Glad it worked....

Just FYI, it only takes a couple of minutes to flash Cyanogen. Did you have to do something different, or did it really take an hour to flash Myn's? I've never flashed that one.

ROM
    Stock for now

Congrats on getting it to work!

I'm with EvilMonkey, did it really take that long?

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I had the exact same issue, here's what I found and Did and was able to boot into the clockworkMOD recovery...

Ok easy enough, here's a PC36IMG.zip file containing only clockworkmod 2.6.0.1 - this will let you re-flash your last good nandroid. (download it here: PC36IMG.zip)
    The download location for that ZIP is here :
    PC36IMG.zip

Copy this to the sdcard of your phone (you may have to mount it in something else if you can't access to it from your phone).

Power off your phone, with the sdcard in place and this file on it, press the vol down and power button until the bootloader loads, it will scan the card and ask if you want to update, hit yes to apply it, after it's done hit no to reboot, then select recovery from the menu, it will hopefully bring you in to clockworkmod recovery where you can go to backup and restore, pick your last nandroid to restore and be on your way.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...tml#post531472

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Yea the 1st time I tried it was going on a hour and a half just doing the screen animation then i took the battery out and did it again but it was a lot shorter the second time around :-)

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Angry Re: Rooting Evo 4g... WTF?!?!?!?!

someone please hellppp! First of all I am a nooob! Ok so I have an evo 3d and I used the HTC Method off trying to root it. I followed all the directions to the tutorial and everything went smooth until i had to enter fast boot flash recovery cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img. It kept saying sending message or sumthin like that. Finally I got it to go to the revolutionary menu and continued to follow the directions to do something with the .zip file. Then it re booted. SO as of now my phone is unlocked with a s-on. Then i downloaded the ROM manager and downloaded the clockwork mod recovery. I ran the clockwork mod then I backed up my current ROM. Only problem is that there are no files on my sd card of my backed up ROM. OK now also it will not boot into recovery. using quickboot or from the bootloader menu. also in bootloader menu it does a little scan and it always says no image found! please can someone help this is driving me nuts!!!!
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

You need s-OFF not s-on to root it, OR to flash a custom rom, use clockwork, etc

Sent from one of my gadgets

ROM
    Arctic Hd

Also might help if you put this in the E3D section.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message