EVO 4G with Hardware Version 4

mkozak

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I have searched for a few days on the forums and I cant seem to find the answer to my question. I recently just got my Evo replaced by Sprint due to a bad charging port and I was given a Version 4 hardware, white Evo. I would like to root my phone and flash some new roms and I would like the process to be as painless as possible.

I've successfully rooted my girlfriends Optimus S so I'm familiar with the doing the process manually and would really just like to use UnRevoked on my phone to get it done quickly. Pretty much all I've seen in the threads is about Hardware version 1-3 and I want to make sure UnRevoked is compatible with version 4. Also if I read correctly, it appears that I can only use UnRevoked Forever on my phone......Is that correct?

Software: 3.70.651.1
Hardware: 0004
PRL: 60677
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
My original EVO that I bought a little after launch was Hardware: 0003. I never rooted it and when it was replaced for the boot-loop problem, I was given a Hardware: 0004 model.

This new one is the only one I have ever rooted and it was fine. Follow the instructions in the sticky by thefredelement or the link in my signature to the XDA thread, which is the one I used.

Happy rooting!

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
unrevoked 3.

Tried to flash a nightly that didn't work. The nightly worked until I did a nandroid backup. Then, it was stuck loading for some reason. Also, internet seemed to not be working (or very slow). Since RC4 was flashed, all has been good for him.

mkozak

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
unrevoked 3.

Tried to flash a nightly that didn't work. The nightly worked until I did a nandroid backup. Then, it was stuck loading for some reason. Also, internet seemed to not be working (or very slow). Since RC4 was flashed, all has been good for him.

Cool. I just flashed with UnRevoked 3 and it was BEAUTIFUL. Done in 5 minutes and I just needed to install busybox when it was done. I think I'm gonna just stick the Sprint Lovers ROM for now cause I actually like sense and just want to be able to get rid of some bloatware

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12