Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Julez6245's Avatar

    Posts
    90 Posts
    ROM
    cm7 atm

    Default Dual Booting two different ROMS?

    I really like CM7 and am a daily user. But I also really like HTC Sense and like to use Myns Warm TwoPointTwo RLS5. Is there any way I can dual boot so when the phone starts up, I have a choice to which ROM I can use? That would be cool, any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    "Um, if by "read" you mean imagined a naked lady, then, yes."
  2. #2  
    Ryanbradley's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    ROM
    MYN'sWarm2.2RLS5/toastmod

    Default

    I believe that there is no such mod out there (don't take my word for it).
    I believe that this is possible but it would require alot of patience since ROMS like myn and cm7 are not bootable from the SD and require installation into the phone's built in
    memory. This would require the program to backup-delete-install the specific rom every time you want to boot into another rom (sounds confusing?) since it needs to save all the recent changes and etc.
  3. #3  
    cloak.n.dagger's Avatar

    Posts
    1,087 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

    Default

    The closest thing we have today is nandroiding between ROM backups. It only takes about 5min or so to restore a nandroid backup. Not sure if what you are wanting is possible or not, so it will be interesting to see the responses you get. I'm sure if someone developed such a thing people would be willing to pay for it!
    -Stay thirsty my friends.
  4. #4  

    Default

    i highly doubt it. being as the phone has 1 gig of memory. 75% of which is taken up by the rom itself. the other 25% is used for your apps.

    there's no room for 2 roms.
  5. #5  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    You can boot off of the SD card. Let me find the link...
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  6. #6  
    SmokeCrawler's Avatar

    Posts
    1,288 Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    You can boot off of the SD card. Let me find the link...
    Find that link? I seen some on xda but wasn't sure if they would work on the evo.
  7. #7  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    Found it,

    I have NOT done this (no need), so i dont have any tips. Goodluck

    Edit: He took down the stuff needed to do it because of bugs and stuff. Looks like something big is on the way though, sit tight.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  8. #8  
    SmokeCrawler's Avatar

    Posts
    1,288 Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Found it,

    I have NOT done this (no need), so i dont have any tips. Goodluck

    Edit: He took down the stuff needed to do it because of bugs and stuff. Looks like something big is on the way though, sit tight.
    Not sure if I would try or not. Think I'm more interested on how it works
  9. #9  
    TWC_SouthPhilly's Avatar

    Posts
    641 Posts
    Global Posts
    959 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

    Default

    I would be neat to beable to do this. Just saw this over at PreCentral : http://m.precentral.net/android-dual...d-pre-hardware

    Looks like they got WebOS and Android to dual boot on a Pre. I have my old Pre sitting in a drawer, I may give this a shot this weekend. How knows right!

    Sent From My Miui Haven, Gingerbread Throwing eVo4g
    Devices: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic Touch 4G
    Samsung Galaxy10.1 16gb, Wifi
  10. #10  
    CaMelGuY1337's Avatar

    Posts
    1,309 Posts
    ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

    Default

    VaelPack 3.2 RC2 and CM7 for me please.
    If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.
  11. #11  

    Default

    i looked into that. it was way over my head at the time. but if someone comes out with a way for us idiots. i'm all over it like stink on ****.
  12. #12  

    Default

    There is a project on XDA where a member is working on this exact thing. You will be able to flash a ROM to your built-in memory and also to a partition of your SD card. Its been in the works for quite a while so I hope it is completed soon!

Posting Permissions

B