Finally rooted...now what?

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Also might wanna try out MIUI rom which can be found here...

Froyo Version

GingerBread Version

And Please dont forget to make a nandroid backup in recovery before u do anything.... Also I assume you have clockworkmod recovery since u used unrevoked. Might I suggest switching to Amon Ra (in my opinion it's much better) To switch open up clockwork and hit switch to alternate recovery at the bottom of the main screen...

Good luck!

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree with irock about Amon Ra being the way to go and yes, please don't forget a nandroid backup. The great thing about rooting is you have opened the door to trying all sorts of new ROMs and different kernels, ways to customize your phone and optimize performance. Just make sure to read a LOT. Sounds like a pain but you learn about what to expect and what issues others have run across. Good luck and Happy Flashing! ;)

MrMentallo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
igotsanevo4g made a thread that outlines some of the more popular ROMs and Kernels.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...hacks/61188-evo-rom-kernel-goodies-bible.html

This is worth a read.

I totally agree. Good info there.

This is the definitive place to go for any info on roms and kernels. Read carefully and make sure you do a backup and full wipe of cache, info and dalvik cache. Do a search in the thread for any questions before you post it to keep down the repeat questions that have been answered multiple times already.

I also think it is a good idea if you switch to an Amon-Ra recovery through clockwork mod. There are directions on how to in a post above.