Battery Tweaks For EVO

cardude10

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I am running Warm TwoPointTwo RLS5 and wanted to use Collin_ph Battery Tweak to get better battery life.

Has anyone used this script and it has increased your battery life greatly and does the script runs automatically at the phone reboot.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was running that same build with that tweak, honestly I didn't notice that big of an improvement. If I'm not mistaken it does stick at reboot. All in all I got about the same battery life I got out of the stock ROM with all the bells and whistles turned off and only used when needed. Other than that, it's an awesome ROM, love every second of it. I'm just a flash junkie though so I don't really stick with one for too long. Hope that shed some light on it for you. :)

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am running Warm TwoPointTwo RLS5 and wanted to use Collin_ph Battery Tweak to get better battery life.

Has anyone used this script and it has increased your battery life greatly and does the script runs automatically at the phone reboot.

CaMe is right, Collins battery tweek will work after a reboot. When you flash that script it replaces... well I'm not even going to begin to pretend to know what script it is or where its located, kernel or rom. I think its in the kernel though. Just know its like flashing a rom or kernel. It stays installed until you flash something that has the original script that over rights it.

Dose it work??? From what I recall, a little... maybe??? CaMe was in the ball park to on radio control. Its usually not a popular practice around these parts, but it is the best way to save some juice. It doesn't work for eveyone, just depends on how you use your EVO through out your day.

I'm a chef and my phone is pretty much in my pocket 90% of the time. And the environment I work in, thick concrete walls, tons of stainless steel means there is almost no reception anyway. So there's no real reason for me to have them on. When I get a minute to grab a cigarette or some time to be out in the dinning room I'll turn on 3g or wifi and sync. Doing this i can usually come home with my battery at 75% to 80% of my battery life. But for other people they need to have there radios on to receive emails and all. So its a to each there own kind of a thing.

I remember one of the first things that really jumped out at me when I first got my EVO. The control widgets for the EVO's radios. I remember think these are awesome!!! You mean I can control all of my radios and I don't have to install a bunch of patches and hope they all play well together. I had a Pre before the EVO and had all of the patches so i could control the radios and make it through my work day. So for me it wasn't to big of a deal or hard for me to carry over those habits over to my EVO.

Sent from my MIUI havin, Gingerbread Throwing EVO

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh control widgets, how I love thee. The mobile data widget kept me from moving to so many different launchers I couldn't even begin to count... lol. My EVO was eating through battery like a fiend until I started using them. That and power control for the brightness, the screen drinks power like no other.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Like I said, a little if any at all. I would definitely recommend trying the ROM out, I had a lot of fun with it. Looks great, super stable and is SENSE which is a plus for a bunch of people who don't really want to mess with a lot of inner tweaking. Back to the subject though, I tried it with the aggressive kernel and the normal kernel and didn't really notice any difference.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

MrMentallo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm running the same rom and Collin_ph Battery Tweak. I go to work and after 8-10 hours of light to moderate usage, I will usually have about 60-70 percent left. Make sure you read the whole Collin_ph Battery Tweak and flash a no-havs kernel. HAVS will conflict with the tweak and screw things up. There is a netarchy kernel that works well for me. There's a link to it in the tweak thread on XDA. Get rid of SetCPU if you have it. More conflicts.

I'm a chef and my phone is pretty much in my pocket 90% of the time. And the environment I work in, thick concrete walls, tons of stainless steel means there is almost no reception anyway. So there's no real reason for me to have them on.

Same here. Working in a kitchen isn't the best environment for cell phone usage anyways. Messy hands, loads of interference from stainless steel, the vent hoods and the ansel system, and the sheer busyness of the job tends to get in the way of texting and steaming video. I use my phone to stream music before the rush and as a timer for bread and other things in the oven. That's about all I have time for. I'll check the time on the lock screen and that's about it during the rush.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX