1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sense based Rom for Speed, Battery, Wifi Hotspot, Fast, Stable, No further updating?

I have an HTC Evo with Sprint, and I use it everyday for work and personal.

I'm looking to root for *only* 2 reasons: wifi hotspot, and better battery.

Is there a quick root process to allow me to only get the wifi hotspot without needing to install a new ROM, etc.??

I'd like to only root/flash once, and then be done with it - I don't want to (I don't have time to) continue updating my phone, re-flashing new ROMs, etc. etc.

I love Sense, and would love to keep Sense (mainly the messaging app, icons, lock screen, etc.)

I need a STABLE rom (most importantly, as stable as stock Sense), a FAST rom (as fast as stock Sense or faster). Since I use my phone everyday for work, I can't wake up one morning to find I need to hard reset my phone and lose all of my data. I also am looking for a ROM that everything works (don't need 4G or HDMI though), including the cameras, search button, etc.

I've looked through Sense based roms (including Myn's, etc.). But, which Rom would be best for this? (Stable, once installed forget about it, fast, better battery, stable stable sable )

Smile I understand totally.

Isn't this what we all want? Haha Honestly though, Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo Rls5 is awesome! My battery is amazing! Def. made me love my EVO even more

ROM
    Warm TwoPointTwo RLS 5

If you don't care about 4G or HDMI, Myn's Warm Z is the way to go with MikZ close behind. Both are super stable and look nice. I like the theming on Myn's a bit more. It's a bit more polished. Also look into Sprint Lover's if you are into stock Sense. It's fast, stable and everything works. They didn't do anything appearance wise, they just tweaked the workings for speed and battery. For battery tweaks besides roms and kernel swapping, I would look .

I'm a pretty big fan of Calkulin's EViO 2 ROM (link in my signature). It's a very nice Sense based ROM that just works.

I have tried a few others like Sprint Lovers, MikFroyo, CM6.1.2, and CM7, but I keep coming back to the EViO 2. It's fast, looks great, and has battery saving scripts and undervolting in the included kernel.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Would I be right to say the app on the market, ROM Manager, quickly lets you swap between ROMs, without having to worry about kernels, radios, etc.? Just an easy ROM swap?

Here's what I have gathered together so far

Rooting

--------------------------------

Settings recorded prior to Rooting:

From Menu -> Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information
    Android Version: 2.2
    Baseband Version: 2.15.00.11.19
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd
    htc-kernel@and18-2 # 15
    Software Number: 3.70.651.1
    PRI Version: 1.90_003
    PRL Version: 60677

From the Bootloader Screen: (Hold down VOLUME DOWN and the POWER button until the Bootloader Screen appears)
    HBOOT-2.10-.0001
    Radio-2.15.00.11.19
    Oct 15 2010

----------------------------------

How to root:
    Root your EVO this way: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=745205

ROM to download: Sprint Lovers
    Link:
    Link includes instructions how to install the ALL-IN-ONE rom
    (With Hardware version 004 just use the all in one link from page 1)

Also download EViO ROM
    Link: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=745205

Also download Myns Warm Z ROM

-----------------------------

Download Rom Manager app from Market (46K ratings, 1.3 million downloads) to quickly switch between ROMs

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy RC2

Quote Originally Posted by JSUFX View Post
    Isn't this what we all want? Haha Honestly though, Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo Rls5 is awesome! My battery is amazing! Def. made me love my EVO even more
    +1.
    Motorola StarTAC and Palm Vx => Treo 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700p => Treo 727.5p => Evo 4g (Synergy RLS 1-regular + DTA2SD)

Quote Originally Posted by fillthemup View Post
    Would I be right to say the app on the market, ROM Manager, quickly lets you swap between ROMs, without having to worry about kernels, radios, etc.? Just an easy ROM swap?
    I suppose so, I don't use ROM Manager, I just do everything in recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by fillthemup View Post
    Here's what I have gathered together so far

Rooting

--------------------------------

Settings recorded prior to Rooting:

From Menu -> Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information
    Android Version: 2.2
    Baseband Version: 2.15.00.11.19
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd
    htc-kernel@and18-2 # 15
    Software Number: 3.70.651.1
    PRI Version: 1.90_003
    PRL Version: 60677

From the Bootloader Screen: (Hold down VOLUME DOWN and the POWER button until the Bootloader Screen appears)
    HBOOT-2.10-.0001
    Radio-2.15.00.11.19
    Oct 15 2010

How to root:
    Root your EVO this way: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=745205
    No, this is the EViO 2 ROM thread, you want either this xda thread: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=745205 or follow thefredelement's sticky: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...27-2011-a.html

ROM to download: Sprint Lovers
    Link:
    Link includes instructions how to install the ALL-IN-ONE rom
    (With Hardware version 004 just use the all in one link from page 1)

Also download EViO ROM
    Link: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=745205

Also download Myns Warm Z ROM

-----------------------------

Download Rom Manager app from Market (46K ratings, 1.3 million downloads) to quickly switch between ROMs
    Another thing is that if you use one of those two nearly identical rooting methods, you will be using the Amon_RA recovery. If you want to use the ROM manager method, you will have to flash ClockworkMod Recovery first.

The way I try a new ROM is that I reboot into Recovery (I use Amon_RA) and make a nandroid backup of my current setup. Then I wipe the caches and dalvik caches and whatnot, then flash the new ROM. After setting it up and deciding what I think of it, I either:
    A) Make a nandroid of it and switch between ROMs using the nandroid restore option in recovery
    B) Restore my previous ROM and don't return to the new one

Titanium Backup can be useful if you want to back up apps that you have already installed and want to keep settings (like your current Angry Birds scores ).

I know this is a lot to digest at once, but read through the rooting instructions a few times

I have been using My Warm RLS5 and had no issues what so ever. Everything works and its super stable..

ROM
    VaelPak 3.2RC1

this is the one i like the most, i have tried all the above but this is the best.
    GOT ROM?
    EVO rocking vaelpak
    Rom...VaelPak GB preview .2.1 1190 Linpack 41.22
    VaelPak FTW

KID