Ok. What's the verdict on CM7stable?

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I would love to have you guy's input on the CM7 stable build
I everything working? What new features. What you like or dislike ect.

keesor

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I tried it and went back to RC4. Beautiful Widgets wouldn't run at all, and I don't really have any complaints about RC4 to make me want to move up right now.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the cm7 stable release and everything is awesome except that I can't tether my phone on 4g and tango video chat shows my image upside down on the receiving party. Other than that it works great

Sent from my Sprint Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
The home button wasn't working right for me. The final is the only build that was like that. I went with lastest nightly (I think 39) and all is good. No issuse at all.

Insane Aim X

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The home button wasn't working right for me. The final is the only build that was like that. I went with lastest nightly (I think 39) and all is good. No issuse at all.

So your not having any GPS problems or the YouTube doesn't get choppy. While playing videos. I'm on cm7 stable and those are my only issues

sent from my Evo Cm7 stable

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I'm running RC 3. The only complaint I have is with pinch and zoom. Otherwise, I've had the same rom for about a month now.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I flashed CM7 when it was recently released as the stable version. It worked pretty good at first, but by the 3rd or 4th day, I had problems with ADW locking up and trouble transitioning between the screens. I ended up going back to my trusty EViO 2 ROM.

I haven't completely given up on it, but I may wait a bit before going back on it. I didn't find it to be enough of an improvement over Froyo to keep given the stability problems I had with it.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
So your not having any GPS problems or the YouTube doesn't get choppy. While playing videos. I'm on cm7 stable and those are my only issues

sent from my Evo Cm7 stable

The GPS always locks on my position but I always forget to use it when I'm out driving to see if I ever lose connection. Haven't been anywhere I didn't know where I was going. Mostly why I forget.
I rarely watch YouTube on my phone. So I haven't notice if it is.

Irishgator

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Trouble with GPS and WIFI

I struggled with the GPS for quite a while. Finally, seems to be fixed by going to Airplane mode and cycling the GPS off and then on. Now, seems to work fine. However, I read somewhere that the problem came back for another guy. So far, so good.

I am having problems WIFI. It keeps cycling through "obtaining an IP address" and disconnecting...

ace_spades

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been running it for about 5 days now....the only problem i have is that I have to reboot at least once a day because I experience black out screens when trying to type a message. Also whenever my phone is laying on a table and somebody calls the phone rings but there's no picture no sliders ...nothing but after a reboot everything is fine ...anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been running CM7's stable release for 2 or 3 days now with no problems at all. I am not however a "HEAVY" user and I only use about 7 or 8 "Apps" I of course use the internet a lot, texting a ton, a few phone calls and wifi teather for the kids ipad and netbooks when we are in the car.

Overall I love the ROM... First ROM I have used in a while.. I was rooted for about 6 months but had to unroot for a "Warranty" replacement and went unrooted for a couple of months before going through the process again just last week... Missed being rooted..

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
My opinion & GPS tip...

I flashed every one of the CM7 nightlies, RC's and Stable....

Rolled back to nightly #32 after running stable for a couple days. Nightlies are more stable than..stable (final) IMO. Now, I'm running MIUI again...kinda burnt out on the whole CM7 thing.

If you want GPS to work with every flash:

After you do the "Sense fix" and get GPS working on a CM7 build..all you have to do is enable GPS, then open maps & get a GPS lock. Then, back out of maps (do not kill) leaving GPS enable. Then boot into recovery and flash a new build. Worked for me every time.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been using CM7 stable for 6 days now and like it pretty much with a few hiccups.

* I had to do the Sense GPS fix, but afterwards it's been spot on.

* It's too soon to be sure, but the problem with a bunch of calls not coming thru has gone away and the stupid streaming bug that affected Amazon MP3 as well.

* At first battery life seemed really good, then not so hot. I'm running Battery Calibration now, so the jury's out.

* The CM7 camera app is inferior to the Sense camera in that it doesn't have tap-to-focus/exposure setting. That sucks.

* I've had a few instances where the screen blacked out and/or everything seemed to freeze (one time forcing a reboot).

* I don't have 4G in my market (Detroit = post-Apocalyptic cow town), so I can't vouch for that.

* My Bluetooth with my Ford's Sync system is flaky. It connects when I start the car, but drops off shortly thereafter. If I switch to Bluetooth Audio the system has to reconnect it and same with the phone. Any tips on fixing this would be appreciated. It defeats the purpose of the Sync to have BT funkiness.

* I'm using Launcher Pro - it feels better to me than ADW did.

knoc#AC

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the latest nightly build 41 HDMI mirroring works. GPS works. Wifi works. Hotspot works. No 4g in my area of Ohio so idc. I've been loving cm and I've used other roms such as savage

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2