Use your EVO as a "Desktop PC", Now With CM7 Goodness!!!

Would you like the option of a "Desktop UI" web browser?

• Total voters

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: New mouse zip add scroll wheel support!

We have a new mouse zip (thanks sbradymobile) that adds scroll wheel support as well as additional button support and cursor enhancements. This is again a flashable zip. The scroll wheel acts as short gesture up/down , it does suffer from BT lag so you need to be gentle with scrolling. The cursor jump bug is still there but will hopefully get fixed soon.

I suggest the users treat this like a new kernel and spend some time with it. Give it atleast a couple hours of continued use before make a final decision.

*Still looking for a dev to help with the browser UI change. I have tried to do this myself but it required serious kang as all I need to do is change the UI not write a whole new browser and I don't feel comfortable with that.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
We have a new mouse zip (thanks sbradymobile) that adds scroll wheel support as well as additional button support and cursor enhancements. This is again a flashable zip. The scroll wheel acts as short gesture up/down , it does suffer from BT lag so you need to be gentle with scrolling. The cursor jump bug is still there but will hopefully get fixed soon.

Tried to download the updated mouse zip and what I got was either the download link is invalid or the mouse zip was deleted.

Wanted to let you know if you haven't heard yet.

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Tried to download the updated mouse zip and what I got was either the download link is invalid or the mouse zip was deleted.

Wanted to let you know if you haven't heard yet.

Thanks. The dev cycle on this has been pretty quick so that's why the links keep dying. I updated the link in the OP. The mouseUpdate20110426v2 is a minor update for screen density changes. It requires that the mouse be connected after you change screen density.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. The dev cycle on this has been pretty quick so that's why the links keep dying. I updated the link in the OP. The mouseUpdate20110426v2 is a minor update for screen density changes. It requires that the mouse be connected after you change screen density.

Thanks, got it downloaded. Now to find time to play with it :)

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I played with it today and it's nice but with long spreadsheets scrolling could be a bit better. I still think Docs-to-Go is a better option for everyday light editing. The only issue with DTG is it lacks a proper slideshow option for powerpoint other than that I've been very pleased with it over the years.

Yeah but it (docs to go) is not free. At least it's not free if you want to edit/create.

I can't find a way to delete any files using the google docs app. That is certainly an issue that has to be fixed with the google docs.

Last edited:

herrerarivera

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey Lokifish, have you heard about Full HDMI issues, my LCD keeps flashing, when I launch any web browser app it gets very choppy. Any recommendation? Thanks in advance.

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
bbradley has given me a heads up about Splashtop RDP. It supports video, audio and KB/mouse. I played with it for a while and am very pleased. Granted it's a pay app but the only thing I found that was better was Wyse which supports VMWare which would work for commercial users.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
bbradley has given me a heads up about Splashtop RDP. It supports video, audio and KB/mouse. I played with it for a while and am very pleased. Granted it's a pay app but the only thing I found that was better was Wyse which supports VMWare which would work for commercial users.

The Splashtop app looks pretty sweet. I only watched the vid that was in the market. I'm going to give a try later on today.

herrerarivera

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Splashtop is not really a RDP app, you need an application running on the server side plus needs port forwarding if you want to use it outside your network, RDP required this too but no application is needed for it to work.
PocketCloud is a nice app that supports audio too but the only issue with it is you can't right click yet with an external mouse.
Best one so far is Remote RDP, supports audio, Network Level Authentication and RDP over SSL, it will also let you record audio. A bit pricy for the audio recording (about 10 bucks) but the pro version works fine for 5 bucks, you will be able to use and external mouse and keyboard. Worth the price if you travel and want to RDP your office or home pc.

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't forgotten about you guys.My new job is +40hrs ( I'm currently at 46hrs/5days and have another 8hr day tomorrow as well).

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The mouse code is still nightlies only. Once there is a stable release with mouse code I will update the links. I haven't had the time to get a full working keymap together yet as it's going to require a keycode edit and I'm still without a properly working PC. Once I can get the updated keymap and keycodes together I will post them.

antonionhb

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
this is such a brilliant idea.
i am WAY too excited about it...ive been talking about it at work non-stop.

the link for the mouse update is no longer working. i am really anxious to get this going.

thank you so much for going above and beyond to get this together

herrerarivera

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
So I got my HTC Evo View 4G tablet and is awesome, this will really be the ultimate mobile office experience if i get to add the full hid bluetooth stack to it, obviously there is no cyanogenmod for it yet and i dont know if they will make one sice it has the Scribe techonology, anyways I have rooted it but does anybody know how to add the bluetooth hid stack for mouse support only? It comes with gingerbread 2.3.4 and sense 2.1 and bluetooth 3.0.

Any help will be much appreciated.

FYI keyboard works fine and it will pair and connect a bluetooth mouse but there is no pointer and all it does is scroll thru items up and down when moving the mouse up and down.

Help! Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie