1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cyanogen 7

Just installed cyanogen7 on my evo. It installed fine, downloaded some apps from the market, adjusted some settings etc. Went to download a twitter app from the market and I got a message stating "the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. So I rebooted my phone and now I have the cyanogen 7 logo on my phone just spinning. Help please!!!!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Moved you to the root section where this belongs.

Did you do a wipe before you flashed CyanogenMod 7?
    If not then go back into recovery, wipe everything you can (Dont wipe the SD card [If your using Amon-Ra recovery it gives you that option]), then flash the rom and Gapps. Reboot and you should be good to go.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Sense 3.5

Try pulling the battery for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, you may want to nandroid back to your previous ROM or reflash CM from recovery. Who knows, wiping cache and dalvic may work also. You can try that instead of reflashing the ROM first. Keep in mind that initial booting after cache wipes adds about a min to the boot time.
    Those who nobly do their best have no reason to bow their head in shame

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Sense 3.5

Igotsanevo, you are too quick for me! Lol Still not used to typing on an on-screen keyboard.
    Those who nobly do their best have no reason to bow their head in shame
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

You'll get the hang of it, I type faster on this than my old messaging phone.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Default Cyanogen7

I went back and re did the whole process. Whats the newest version of gaap? want to make sure i used the right one for C7.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Default forceclose

Still having problems with the android process forceclose. On top of that when I powered my phone on this morning it wouldnt load. Had to turn on in recovery, and start all over again. Is it possible that its the titanium backup?? It asks when its time to restore the marketplace that this is a system app do you want to install?? Should I tap no??? I have been installing it.

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen or Warm

Restoring system apps like that is a recipe for bad news later on. Only restore user apps + data.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I dont see that option under restore in TB. These are my options under restore: restore missing apps w/data, restore missing apps+all system data, restore newer versions of user apps, restore all apps w/data.

ROM
    CM7 RC2

"restore missing apps w/data" is the one you want.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.0.3.1 w/ LPP

i usually just tap on each individual app and then hit restore...works for me

any of the google apps tho (i.e. gmail, google maps, market, etc.) flash the gapps zip.....heres the latest provided by CyanogenMOD:

if anything is missing from that....either d/l from the market or restore via TI backup
    Last edited by ndRoiD-haZr-329; 04-23-2011 at 05:27 PM.
    ROM: CM 7.0.3.1 build
    Kernel: Tiamat 4.0.3 sbc
    Recovery: Amon_Ra v2.3

"Speeding never killed anyone, its suddenly coming to a stop that will get you" -- Jeremy Clarkson

If I helped you in anyway, please hit the "THANKS" button thats right over there >>

[HL]Formally ndRoiD-haZr-329[/HL]

ROM
    CM7 7.0

Just restore apps and data. Should be under the batch options.
    Rooted and running CM6 stable on Evo