GPS problems persist in CM7.0.2.1

gshurling

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from warm 2.2, i wiped data and cache, when opening google maps the gps never "locked on" sorry if thats the incorect terminology. I also use cardiotrainer everyday and the gps signal never picked up either. I switched back to myn's this morning and everything is working fine.

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you do a factory reset?

Did you try the GPS fix by using s sense rom? If not, you should be able.to find it on Google search.

I'm not sure if the GPS fix still works ...someone else might.

Looking at the forum here...it seems people are having issues with the new stable.

Last edited:

gshurling

May 20, 2010
Visit site
No I haven't tried the flash fix, but I'm back to warm 2.2 for now. I really hope they get it straightened out though. I love cm7

jae.farah

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Same Thing Here. Evo Coming From cm7.0.2 . I Did a Complete Wipe Of Everything and Did a New Install. GPS Gets a Lock For Like 5 Seconds and Then Shuts Off. I've Also Noticed That All The Apps That Once I Start Market, It Automatically Attempts To Download All The Apps I Had On Cm7.0.2 Is There Something I'm Missing Here Or Is Anyone Else Having Those Issues Still

saxd45

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Did you do a factory reset?

Did you try the GPS fix by using s sense rom? If not, you should be able.to find it on Google search.

I'm not sure if the GPS fix still works ...someone else might.

Looking at the forum here...it seems people are having issues with the new stable.

so how do you do a factory reset.

i wiped data and cache, same thing?

another problem i have is the data refresh is always on, so its draining my battery like crazy, any ideas?

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
GPS issues still there for me in the latest cm7. evo4g

Did you apply the fix listed on the cm7 page on xda.

Basically you do a nandroid back up of cm7. Flash into a sense rom, download MSL reader from the market, input ##GPSCLRX# into the dialer, reboot. Do a nandroid restore back to cm7. Open Google maps and let it lock on to your position. Worked for me, I dont have any issues with the GPS anymore.

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
so how do you do a factory reset.

i wiped data and cache, same thing?

another problem i have is the data refresh is always on, so its draining my battery like crazy, any ideas?

Factory days resets is on the main screen when you go into recovery

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you apply the fix listed on the cm7 page on xda.

Basically you do a nandroid back up of cm7. Flash into a sense rom, download MSL reader from the market, input ##GPSCLRX# into the dialer, reboot. Do a nandroid restore back to cm7. Open Google maps and let it lock on to your position. Worked for me, I dont have any issues with the GPS anymore.

Agreed. Try THIS fix. I also worked for me.

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a slightly different problem. My google nav works great, locks fast and continues tracking but Google maps does not. It lockes at first and then it either stops tracking or changes to the wrong location. If I keep gNav working and starts gMaps, it works perfectly. Any ideas?

By the way, this happens on any version of CM7.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When I jumped from stock Sense to CM7.0 stable, my GPS was jacked to hell and I had to follow the steps on this Reddit post. Afterwards, GPS was spot on. I've flashed 7.0.2 and 7.0.2.1 and the former was fine (verified use) and the latter appears OK (haven't really shaken it down, but it looks OK), but mileage appears to vary. I got a PM from someone at the CM forums and he's losing is mind over it not working.

It may just be placebo effect, but it seems that running GPS Status and going Menu>Tools>Manage A-GPS state>Reset to flush any cached GPS data and then downloading the assistance data helps get things right quickly. It doesn't hurt to try.

UPDATE: On the drive in I fired up Maps and Navigation a few miles from home. It leaped to my proper location within a couple of seconds and tracked me all the way in. Whatever I or the CM team did appears to be working for me.

However, as I was approaching my exit, I glanced down and the phone had rebooted and was on the white HTC screen. Don't know if this means anything. It's occasionally (i.e. perhaps once a month) done this since I've gotten it, so it may be a visiting gremlin more than a CM7 issue.

Last edited:

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering: could the persistent GPS problems be due to Sprint's radically different coverage area (i.e. much smaller) in the last couple of months?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering: could the persistent GPS problems be due to Sprint's radically different coverage area (i.e. much smaller) in the last couple of months?

It may make the initial fix (tower triangulation) a little slower, but the GPS is based on GPS satellites, so that would be independent of the local towers as long as you get a data connection.

Reactions: PookiePrancer

ballerx43

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
The only way to successfully fix the GPS issue is to go with the method of flashing a sense rom and doing the ##gpsclrx# trick. once you do it you can flash new versions of CM7 over your already installed version and it will retain the GPS fix

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
i did the fix it helped the gps now my data speed has been cut in half

dekcufi,

Try this

1.Reboot into recovery. Erase both Caches (Partition&Dalvik)

2.Flash back to your original Sense Rom.

3.Settings>About Phone>System Updates>Update Profile. Once that is done? update your PRL next.

4.Goto your Power control Widget and turn on your GPS and then open Google maps.
Make sure you can get a lock on your location. I.E if your in building,etc you might not get a lock?
If so go outside to get a lock on your location.

5.Once the GPS lock is established do not exit Google Maps,Simply press your home screen button and then either use clockwork mod or whatever app you use to boot into recovery.

6.Reflash CM7( I recommend downloading 7.1 stable GB 2.3.7) and the
kernel of your choice(I recommend Tiamat 3.3.7 SBC).

You should be good to go.