root phone & bestbuy psp

350zx6r

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
has anybody swapped their evo at bestbuy after rooting? is it ok? cause i wanna do it but i do not want to lose my warranty. pros and cons using bestbuy psp?

350zx6r

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
omg i could swear i read somewhere where once you root you evo you could lose 4g forever, and you could never un-root it. very nice thanks!

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
omg i could swear i read somewhere where once you root you evo you could lose 4g forever, and you could never un-root it. very nice thanks!

That's the problem with people who don't know what they are doing make commentary on rooting. I am rooted with 4G. Whether or not your ROM and kernel have 4G capability is a different matter. Most if not all Sense based ROMs have 4G and so do newer AOSP ROMs like Cyanogenmod 7.

The real danger is that there are software keys that are phone specific and you *can* lose them after rooting if you are not careful. However, you can also back them up first, so it is a 2-way street.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
hardware version: 0004
software version: 3.70.651.1
hboot version: 2.10.0001

which rooting is best recommended for rookies? thx

Your EVO is the same version as my current one that I rooted.

Before you root, you should really consider if rooting is for you. I suggest reading the AC article about rooting to make a decision:
http://www.androidcentral.com/rooting-it-me-some-qa

The thing is, rooting is not for everyone. It may be for you, but I don't know your comfort level and familiarity with Windows, Linux, and the phone itself, so I'm going to let you make that judgement call.

If you decide to root, there are two main methods.

1. Automated (Unrevoked)
2. Step-by-step (a sticky in the rooting section of the EVO forum)

The automated approach is popular because it is fast and requires less effort and knowledge about the phone. The downsides are that because it is automated, if it fails, you don't necessarily know where the failure occurred. If you go with the step by step method, if you run into a problem, there is almost always a way to recover. Just do a search or post up in the rooting section with your problem and step #. Also, when you do the step-by-step method, you end up learning more about your phone and rooting that can become invaluable if you have problems later down the road or just want to hang out on the forums and help other people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87