Can't flash Myn RL5

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have flashed Rom's like a million times over including Myn's RL5. So last night I flashed my stock rom not even sure why anymore, but in the process dumb me forgot to back up the Myn Rom I was on. So I'm using Rom Manager trying to flash RL5 again, I'm adding the updated radio Luni'z boot animation Kernal 9, everything seems to be flashing fine then it gets to white htc evo screen and sits! Now I know it take a little while to boot up when starting a new Rom but after 15 minutes I'm guessing it's stuck:(

I have tried this 4 times each time same thing, and yes I am wiping everything any help or suggestions is appreciated. And the strange thing is I am able to flash RL4 with no problem.

colecoyates

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I have flashed Rom's like a million times over including Myn's RL5. So last night I flashed my stock rom not even sure why anymore, but in the process dumb me forgot to back up the Myn Rom I was on. So I'm using Rom Manager trying to flash RL5 again, I'm adding the updated radio Luni'z boot animation Kernal 9, everything seems to be flashing fine then it gets to white htc evo screen and sits! Now I know it take a little while to boot up when starting a new Rom but after 15 minutes I'm guessing it's stuck:(

I have tried this 4 times each time same thing, and yes I am wiping everything any help or suggestions is appreciated. And the strange thing is I am able to flash RL4 with no problem.

I had the same problem with the ROM manager. I was able to fix this by flashing the rom first without any add ons and then I flashed the rom with the addons and it worked for me. A little trying but that was the method that worked for me.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with the ROM manager. I was able to fix this by flashing the rom first without any add ons and then I flashed the rom with the addons and it worked for me. A little trying but that was the method that worked for me.

Well I've tried everything else I will give this a shot wish me luck!:-\

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If that doesn't work you may want to flash from recovery. You could also try the latest Amon_RA recovery for flashing (but it won't work with ROM manager).

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
If that doesn't work you may want to flash from recovery. You could also try the latest Amon_RA recovery for flashing (but it won't work with ROM manager).

Well the first one didn't work still gets stuck once it reaches the white screen, I'll try it this way. I don't understand why this is happening I'm so aggravated!

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Stupid question, did you verify the MD5 sum of the ROM? If it didn't download correctly, you could be trying to flash a corrupt file.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I did not and I'm not sure how to do so. I assumed since it was in rom manager it was okay?

I understand where you are coming from, but your assumption is false because ROM Manager needs to download the ROM from some repository and I don't know if it does an MD5 check.

If you connect your phone to a computer, you should be able to find the zip file of the ROM and use a program like MD5 Summer to generate an MD5 hash code. You would then compare this number to the one from the Myn's download page or page at XDA. If these numbers aren't the same, you have a bad download and need to download it and check it again.

Also, for the times when you download it from ROM Manager and want to verify it on your phone, you can use Android File Verifier from the market before you flash it.

Reactions: sasha

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Well thanks a lot I guess I'll have to check that out when I get home, I actually got the zip from xda site and downloaded it that way but it still looks like it's stuck at the same place. I may just give up and go back to cm7! smh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781