Root/Unrooted (unrevoked3) How to Tell?

k20jonny

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought i rooted my phone lastnight with unrevoked 3 but im not sure how to tell. i downloaded terminal emulator and it doesnt let me kick off commands besides "ls" im getting "permission denied". I never got an unrevoked app, only superuser permissions app which after doing a factory reset is still there.

Im confused right and would like to get pointed in the right direction. i would like to return to stock so i can try to root again.

Also i just got the evo 4g so im on:
andriod: 2.2
software number: 3.70.651.1
pri version: 1.90_003
Hardware version:0004

k20jonny

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Super user means your rooted, there is no unrevoked app.

To check, download root checker by joeykrim in the market

Downloading root checker right now. The reason i mentioned there not being an unrevoked app is because i came across a video saying to uninstall unrevoked app. Is unrevoked 3 recommened for the version im on? if i would like to return to stock how would i go about it? Also as you can tell im new to rooting, but should i go with a simple root instead of unrevoked3? looks like simple root roots and unlocks nand for you. I dont think nand was unlocked lastnight when i rooted hence why i cant even execute a make directory command on cd /.

Thanks

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
When you go into bootloader (hold volume down + power button at the same time until the screen with androids on skateboards show up) does it say s-on or s-off? This will be in the upper left side of the screen.

Reactions: igotsanevo4g

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I suggest reading a TON. Its all in the root/rom section here on AC, stickies are a good place to start.

Btw, simple root will not work anymore and there is no such thing as an unrevoked app :p

k20jonny

May 6, 2011
Visit site
When you go into bootloader (hold volume down + power button at the same time until the screen with androids on skateboards show up) does it say s-on or s-off? This will be in the upper left side of the screen.

it says s-off. this what i see in bootloader

supersonic evt3 ship s-off
hboot-2.10.0001
microp-041f
touch panel-atmel224_16ab
radio-2.15.00.11.19
oct 15 2010, 12:07:00

hboot

<volup> to previous item
<vol down> to next item
<power> to select item

fastboot
recovery
clear storage
simlock
hboot usb

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You're rooted, for sure.

Now if youre wondering what to do next, dont bother skimming the net for answers, as they are all in this forum and everything is up to date.

Download rom manager, and flash clockwork or amon ra recovery and you will be 100% ready to do anything you want with your phone :)

ballerx43

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Power up your phone holding down the power button and at the same time hold volume down, you'll come to a screen with skateboarding androids and at the top it should say S-OFF which means you are rooted using unrevoked (or any root method giving s-off permissions) and it if it says S-ON you aren't rooted at NAND level (no custom ROM flashing, etc)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude