Phone is running extremely slow, losing battery rapidly HELP!

JohnGio56

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Alright guys so here's the deal, I just installed the following on my rooted EVO:

ROM - Gingerbread 1.2C

Kernel - Tiamat 4.0.2

GAPPS - gapps 5/9/2011

Radio, wimax, nv, and pri - [ Radios ][ 5-6 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions - xda-developers

I found this ROM here: [Official][5-15-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2c][2.3.4 Beta] - xda-developers

Here are the following problems I've encountered since installing:

• Battery life is absolutely terrible. It will die after 2 1/2 hours on a fully charged battery.
  • Homepage randomly lost all the apps and widgets, along with the other pages too.
  • Applications won't run and I'll get a " " process cannnot run.
  • Apps will randomly shut down saying"blank"process.has.been.stopped.

That's all I can think of at this time. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any ideas?

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like something didn't flash right.

Try doing a full wipe, user data, cashe,... the full monty. Then reflash a freshly downloaded copy of the latest version of the Deck rom and gapps. Let your eVo boot up and see how things run.

Try it out using the backed in kernel. I had a few issues with those kernels, this rom and running a 003 hw version eVo.

Sent From The Tree House Out Back!

Reactions: JohnGio56

Joe G

May 21, 2011
Visit site
That ROM is up to 1.2r as of right now... try flashing that ROM instead. A lot of issues have been fixed...

Last edited:

Joe G

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: JohnGio56

JohnGio56

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Awesome thanks for the information guys! Have you had trouble with the Navigation running this ROM too? Mine doesn't seem to work very well. Also, how do I use the backed up kernel?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1