HELP! updated to rooted OTA GB 2.3, and now can't update RADIO!

Jred

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, even before the udpate, my RADIO was at 1.39 and my PRL at 1.77, but at rooted latest Froyo.

DL'd rooted GB OTA update from [ROM][STOCK] --- Version 4.22.651.2 --- odexed & deodexed --- - xda-developers and it worked fine, didn't include RADIO update though.

Tried DL'ing the radio update from [ Radios ][ 6-3 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions - xda-developers and now matter how i do it, i'm stuck on the same version.

I tried the combie, and tried both from ROM Manager and from ClockWorld 3.0.0.5 (via install from zip on sdcard), and it goes by so quick that I can't read it, but i get right back to the clockwork screen.

If I try from ROM Manager and select install from SD card, it asks if i want to reboot, i see it gets root permissions and nothing happens. If I manually reset or power off/power on, it just boots normal.

i'm assuming ROM Manager is broken for this update.

However, clockwork should work, in fact trying form ROM Manager to flash to RA Recovery, it says it is successful, but if i reboot still clockwork, and going back into rom manager it sitll thinkgs i'm RA Recovery, even though i'm definatley not.

Please please please help.

RoscoePColtrane

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
you need to go back into Rom Manager and reflash clockwork recovery... reboot into recovery and verify it is using clockwork. reboot phone and go back to rom manager and flash RA recovery again... this time when you reboot into recovery you should be using RA. for some reason the Clockwork 3.0 will not flash radios. I have always had to switch to amon. good luck

Reactions: persian.

Jred

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, i did initially flash RA from RM, and it was still at clockwork. I haven't tried to repeat it a couple times but I will.

Again, i'm still thinking that RA isn't flashing because RM isn't working on this update.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Download THIS

Rename it to PC36IMG and plop it on the root or your SD card. Boot into bootloader by holding vol down+power while the phone is off. It should check for the file automatically. Agree to the update.

You now have Amon_Ra 2.3

Jred

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
@igotsanevo4g

That worked like a champ!!! flashed it to RA and then I was able to flash the radios and I have 4g at my house for the first time............EVER!!!

I had lost 4g for a while, but now it's all good, you da man!

Jred

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
think i might just stick with RA from now on, don't see the point of clockwork, other than you can flash a ROM via RM, but i'll just do it from the recovery screen from now on anyway.

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen the problems that people have posted about clockwork with amon ra. I don't know if its the number of noobs using rom manager not knowing what they are doing or the several versions of clockwork there are or if clockwork is just buggy. amon ra has been flawless for me, i cant imagine using anything else.

I dont mean this as a knock against the dev of clockwork or rom manager as he has done far more for the android community than i have. :)

TrAJIK

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression amon ra cannot work with rom manager/clockwork, it has a different way which i forgot as I do not use it, I stick with roms that use rom manager/clockwork only. But I do remember reading about once you have amon ra you cant just convert to rom manager/clockwork, you have to go all the way back to stock as if nothing happened then go clockwork route. (just my understanding of how amon ra and clockwork do not co-exist)

4cdndctn

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Download THIS

Rename it to PC36IMG and plop it on the root or your SD card. Boot into bootloader by holding vol down+power while the phone is off. It should check for the file automatically. Agree to the update.

You now have Amon_Ra 2.3

I did this then flashed the radio combo and it worked first shot. I guess it's Amon ra going forward

rackflot

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
i just downloaded the image. I am confused about what it is, is it AmonRa or is the the Radio update?

Do I have to remove clockwork and RM to load AR?

rackflot

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I did it with the file. It installed anon ra into Rom manager as default recovery. I then went into recovery and flashed the radio combo. This time it took time and provided feedback that it was doing something. It got stuck at formating cache and the recovery menu was still active so I chose reboot and now my radio reports correctly.

dan06gt

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that CW 3x can't flash the radio due to the fact it doesn't support the older Froyo style file systems, and the radio package is in the older format. You need to use RM to flash CW 2x, flash the radio package, and then use RM to flash back to CW 3x.

I used CW 2.5.0.7 to flash my radio and 3.0.0.5 to flash the Gingerbread ROM.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Download THIS

You now have Amon_Ra 2.3

Well, I finally got home and was having trouble flashing the radios with Clockwork, so I switched to Amon using this. It appears to be flashing...I think. I see a picture of the phone, with a green circular arrow, and then a down arrow inside of that....does that mean it's working? I have not seen this screen before, so I am assuming it's an Amon thing.

UPDATE: Ok, it only took a couple of minutes and continued on rebooting again. Now showing updated radio. Nice. Now to just update my PRL, and then it's back to CM7 again.

Last edited:

davidstjohn1

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
okay i had to do this and what u need to do is downgrade to clockworkmod 2.7.0.5 this is the only way to do this. then after using rom manager to downgrade clockworkmod boot into recovery and install zip file using install zip on sd card. after u install use rom manager after u reboot the system and upgrade back to 3005 cwm. ps!!!! very important, u can brick ur evo trying to install the radio with 3005.

4cdndctn

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Now that it's been over a week since the updated Rom and Radio have been installed, either the phone is much more efficient or my battery meter recalibrated because my battery life has gained 20-25%. I now get north of 1 full day with each full charge where I was getting just south of a full day before.

I'm keeping the 4G for a while until something really catches my eye thanks to this update!

sasquatch080

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I see the picture now. Use rom manager to download what ever, use file manager to move to SD card, rename if you have to, then use RA recovery to back up, wipe, then flash what ever you want, as long as it's compatible.:cool:

seeshelltx

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: HELP! updated to rooted OTA GB 2.3, and now can't update RAD

Do I need to uninstall clockwork before I install Amon to update my radios?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay