unrooting HTC EVO 4G

tylerjohnson088

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
ok, i have tried so many damn ways to get this EVO 4G back to stock android 2.2 after rooting with unrevoked... (not forever). i have ran the .ROM that has allowed me to upgrade to 2.3.3 while remaining rooted, my phone still says it needs to update. im done with this root crap. i want it gone. someone please help me here. i want my phone back to stock 2.2 so i can run the actual sprint update and be done with this root crap!
i have been trying to do this for days and nothing seems to be working. the .ROM's the RUU's. i cant get anything to work. im about to throw my damn phone away!
I really need help.

how do i get this thing back to normal?

tylerjohnson088

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
i can get the Unrevoked.zip to run just fine, but i cant get the RUU file to run and connect with my device. i have downloaded the drivers for this and still no luck, tried running this from hboot as well. still nothing just gives me errors every time.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried downloading the 3.70 ZIP file, rename it as PC36IMG.zip and placing it on the root of the SD card? Boot into bootloader and once it finish loading the PC36IMG and then install it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

tylerjohnson088

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I did, it tells me that the file it older then the current version and that it cant be loaded. im just gonna have to take it to sprint and see if they can do me a favor i guess.