ClockworkMod/Unrevoked/Rom Manager conflict?

kmc1138

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I am ready to flash my first ROM. Well, I thought I was. I want to use ROM Manager, simply for the ease of option browsing and to make sure I am getting the most current version of the ROM. I plan on flashing manually.

However, when I try to search for ROMs in the manager, it tells me I need to download Clockwork. I do not. I rooted with Unrevoked- I already have it.

I want this flash to go smoothly. Assuming I do a direct dl of the ROM, would you anticipate a problem from this?

(PS - I've narrowed it down to BOS Liquid Metal or Myn's Warm. Your thoughts on that are welcomed as well :) )

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
First, at the very top of your screen within the app it should show you your current version and the newest available. Go ahead and click the button the automatically flash the latest clockworkmod. You then should be good to go.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kmc1138

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
^^ What he said.

ROM Manager wants to make sure you have the latest version of CWM even if you already have it.

Reactions: kmc1138

kmc1138

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys (gals?)!

And just to make sure - I don't have access to 4G at all and wireless is scarce (Xenia, Ohio - what up), so that download will take a looooooong time, right? It started yesterday and I got twitchy and canceled it.

kmc1138

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Something is wiggy then, because the status bar only got to about 1/8 in 10-15 minutes.

But if I use these instructions, do I really need to worry about updating CWM?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I just wanna make sure I'm giving you the right tips so excuse the questions.

Are you downloading the ROM or CWM? I see the link you posted was to Myn's ROM.

kmc1138

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sorry. :) Since I already have CWM I don't really need to use the ROM manager and can install manually. That last question meant to ask if I can just skip the CWM update (if that is indeed what's going on when I try to use ROM manager) and just follow those linked directions to do the flashing manually.

Sorry, I don't think I'm very articulate when it comes to this stuff.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
My bad, I read your post wrong :-[

If you were to manually flash the ROM then there's no need to "update" CWM in ROM Manager. Just follow the installation instructions and you should be good. I would suggest doing a nandroid backup before wiping everything just in case.

kmc1138

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Uh oh. ROM installation went fine, tried to install the radio update and now I can't boot up at all. I get the Android out of the box. Four battery pulls. Please don't tell me I just bricked my phone.