Bricked my phone - no recovery, no rom, no fastboot

blackice13

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I have looked around and could find nothing to help me out.

I have EVO, rooted with unrevoked. OTA didn't work, big surprise I know. I was also having a couple of other issues, so I decided I wanted to return it to stock condition and start over.

Used RUU (RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26_rel ease_171253.exe) to try and return it to stock. It seemed to go through fine, but did not restart. Pulled the battery was the only way to turn it off. Turning it back on, it goes to big HTC logo with triangled explanation marks in the corners. If I unplug USB, I get white HBOOT screen with RUU option, but it doesn't do anything. Retrying the RUU, it completes, but on finish it says it failed because of "OPEN FILE ERROR". Have also tried RUUs with 3.30 and 3.70, but both of them say USB disconnected.

Installed Android SDK, but no adb devices found. Tried changing driver, with no change.

HBOOT screen shows:
SUPERSONIC EVT3 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-2.10.0001
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-AMTELC03_16ac
RADIO-2.15.00.11.19
Oct 15 2010,12:07:00

RUU

If it matters, I am using Win7 Ulti x64.

Do I have a $300 paper weight, or is there hope? Please help.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
When you power it back on are you holding volume down to boot into recovery? IF you can get into recovery then you can flash from there or put the PCIMG.zip onto your sdcard and fastboot will reflash for you. i dont think adb will find your device unless your either in recovery or starting up.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
@Blackice... after all the PSA's posted on AC and other sites about issues that can happen when doing the OTA to a rooted eVo... you still did it???

I'll never understand the logic or thinking behind a decision like that.

Decks Rom Rules, Other Roms Drool!!! :p
Thanks for tryin!!!

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I unroot and restore to stock 5-10 Evo's a week and very rarely do I ever see the same phone twice. Here is the method I use:

Flash S-On
Flash 3.70 zip
Run 3.70 RUU (just in case)
Run the OTA 's (you will loose root with this step)

It may take longer than the one step unroot/return to stock methods but I've never had it fail except on a phone with a failing board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz