Got to play with the EVO all day today!

Litt

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
PD,

First, thanks for posting your experiences.

One question that I have yet to see answered about the Evo is whether it has Swype for inputting text. Is the Evo you have Swype enabled?

mkampy

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Check out the picture showing 4G in KC!

I too live & work in Kansas City, may I ask where in KC you were able to get 4G coverage? North, south, downtown, etc....

*this being my first post, the EVO will most likely bring me out of the blackberry world to android world

Thanks !

jasonblanco

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Same here - live and work in KC. I will be really interested in the EVO, and will likely need to talk my wife into taking my Hero to get it!

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
The onscreen keyboard was great! Again in comparison to the onscreen keyboard on the Hero. But it was super big and easy to type on especially in landscape mode. I havent always been a big fan of on screen keyboards, especially the iPhones but the EVO will change my mind on that.

Thanks for the impressions! Would you say that there was any lag when switching to landscape mode with the keyboard? This is one thing that really annoys with the Hero. Regardless of which ROM or tweak I try the HTC keyboard lags terribly in landscape.

PanzyDog

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I am downtown Kansas City.
Again it seems supper quick in every action.
No Swype that I can tell just basic predictive text entry.

Last edited:

jstew10

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a Pre and I love it (webOS, that is). With all the talk about Palm being sold, I was pulling hard for Palm to make it, and I was prepared to purchase whatever devise they came out with next to support the cause.

I saw the Evo and lost all that momentum. This phone is insane, and I must have it. Thank you PD, HTC, AndroidCentral and everyone here. I'm home.

kenmid

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a Pre and I love it (webOS, that is). With all the talk about Palm being sold, I was pulling hard for Palm to make it, and I was prepared to purchase whatever devise they came out with next to support the cause.

I saw the Evo and lost all that momentum. This phone is insane, and I must have it. Thank you PD, HTC, AndroidCentral and everyone here. I'm home.

i love my pre too, but i'm with you I have to get this phone. I love webos but the screen on the pre just can't compared to this monster.