Got to play with the EVO all day today!

PanzyDog

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
So I got to play with the amazing EVO all day today. We had one for a photoshoot and I put it threw some Steve tests! It is simply amazing and I got 4G working in KC even though its not complete. So fast, so big! But I didnt have a issue with it in my front jeans pocket compared to the Hero I use daily it felt good.
The 4G streaming of HQ YouTube clips was amazing.
Check out the picture showing 4G in KC!

Litt

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
What questions can you answer about it. Were there different colored LED notifications. Does it operate as fast as the Droid Incredible seems to in videos?

jstew10

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
There is some debate about the screen. Is it TFTLED or AMOLED? I thought it was supposed to be LED. Battery life is also a huge mystery. Thanks!

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'd just like to note this is the worst teaser post of life! This gives us no information about the phone, its just seems like a "I got to play with the phone and you didn't :p "

GioTech

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay so you open a new thread here on Android Central to get everyone excited and then you never come back to update or answer any questions...

Ryan32

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Okay so you open a new thread here on Android Central to get everyone excited and then you never come back to update or answer any questions...

As opposed to you, who signed up just to bitch about it apparently. lmao.

People have jobs and lives brother, settle down and wait, i'm sure he'll be back to respond to some questions.

PanzyDog

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey Forum,
Sorry I was busy. It was a crazy day and many people in the office wanted time with the much beloved EVO. It is gone now for a photo shoot so I can only answer questions as to what I remember and tried while I had it.

Didnt really get to test battery life as it was pretty depleted when I got it and I only charged it for about an hour. Didnt seem to drain any faster than my Hero. But Im sure once I have it permanently it will get a lot of use so Im anticipating having to charge it during the day. Doubt it will make it thru an entire work day.

Its speed is spectacular, although that is in comparison with the Hero and I havent used any other non-sprint Android device as I am all Sprint. Flipping thru screens and photos and videos the response was instant, no lag at all.

Yes it did have 2.1 loaded and as far as I could tell everything seemed production ready. I have had the chance to play with many pre-release phones and this one by far seemed the most complete and ready for sale.

The onscreen keyboard was great! Again in comparison to the onscreen keyboard on the Hero. But it was super big and easy to type on especially in landscape mode. I havent always been a big fan of on screen keyboards, especially the iPhones but the EVO will change my mind on that.

I also tried out the mobile hotspot app and it was super easy to turn on and use. Although at that time it was stuck in 3G mode so couldnt really test the 4g speed.

I shot a small video I will try and post but didnt get any other decent pictures. I will try and take some more and explore more of the features once we get the unit back.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Wow, Just wow.

The OP dissapears for 3 hours and you're calling him on it? People do have real lives, you know. Get a life!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown