Another RAM question

Apr 18, 2011
www.tbiwarrior.com
Hi all. The RAM on my EVO was 100 MB last night. I had noticed that it was declining at a fast rate during the past month. After doing another factory reset last night the available RAM went up to 230 MB, this after installing the same apps I had before the reset. I also noticed that the "Contact Storage" was 53 MB before the reset, and now is 19 MB after the reset. Also, I have deleted all email accounts from the stock mail app but prior to the reset there was 9 MB that I could not delete, the option to delete data was unavailable.

What can cause such use of RAM? I'm fairly new to Android and don't know my way around as good as when I had the Blackberry.

Is it normal or is my device defective? This is the 4th time I do a Factory Reset since I got the device. I bought the device in April '11.

Is there anything I can do to avoid this issue?

Installed apps:
Seesmic, Dropbox, Fast Reboot, App2SD, File Explorer, Evernote, Live Profile, Skype, Foursquare, DroidIn, Netflix, Crackle, Pandora, Queue Manager, Amazon, Amazon MP3, eBay, Paypal, Pageonce, USAA, American Express, eBuddy, GMail, Lookout, Feedly, TripIt, VEVO, Tapatalk.

Thank you all for the help.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you are talking about RAM. That's the memory apps use while they are running. and it fluctuates wildly depending on what you are doing (web browsing takes up a lot, as well as gaming) what you are talking about is the ROM that's where you are able to install apps and it's also referred to as internal storage. your best bet with that is to move as many of your apps to the SD card as possible. (don't move any that have widgets you are using as the widgets will stop working) most heavy EVO users on Stock rom hover around 40 megs of available internal storage

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20