Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SYSTEM UIDS Inconsistent Error- HELP!

Had phone since launch and the past couple of weeks it has given me grief. I am stock, everything, not rooted, don't do anything or know anything about ROMS and Kernels. (just a little old lady from the midwest)

Twice in the past week, when I turn it on in the morning, it makes the splash screen sounds, even though I have it on vibrate. When this happens, it goes into an endless rebooting and continues until I pull the battery. Last week, I just had to pull it once and all worked fine and nothing was lost after I put the battery back. Today, it took 2 pulls of the battery. I lost a bunch of sign ins, and a few widgets here and there. All my photos are there. Had to re-set up with gmail.

I also received a message to that said:
    SYSTEM UIDS Inconsistent. UIDS on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partion or youre device will be unstable and it had a button that said, I'm feeling lucky. No other option. Well, clicking on lucky, didn't make me lucky that's for sure!

So been goggling, but haven't come up with anything for the EVO. I have gone in and uninstalled all of the apps that I can uninstall. I noticed when I hooked up the phone to my computer to look at the folders, the folders are still there for all of the apps I deleted. Question 1...is it safe to delete the folders that went along with apps I deleted? (from what I've read, just copy the folders onto my computer and deleting them on my phone should be okay, but thought I better ask)

Question 2, what does wipe your data partion mean and how to I do it? Assume that is refering to the SD card? I really, really really don't want to do a factory reset unless I have to. Does that just mean remove everything off of the card? I copied my photos out of the camera already.

In addition to the phone going into a non-stop reboot, I had it lock up and reboot when I used the camera a few days ago, when I was using one of the GPS apps going down the interstate...can't remember if it was google or the Sprint one and once when I clicked on FB.

I have the GB update and the one maintance update and I am NOT on fast boot.

(after removing all apps, doing an update profile, rebooting, I still get the same message...when I attempt to get on the internet I now get a message "Sorry, the application internet (process.com.android.browsers) has stopped unexpectly. Please try again) But I get at least get my gmail, hotmail, FB, news/weather)....will keep on plugging away to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: SYSTEM UIDS Inconsistent Error- HELP!

Hard reset is what you have to complete in order to resolve it.

I'm getting the same message on my HTC Incredible. How do you do a hard reset??? Mpeterson53 --another old lady from the Midwest
    Member?

Carrier
    Deck ICS Alpha 4/Tiatmat

You would have to go to the Settings menu & look for the Backup & Reset menu or just Backup. From there it should say to Factory Reset phone. Your phone will reset to the way it was when you got it in your box. If you cant do that then my best option would be to call in & take it to the store or root it & wipe the data on it from the recovery menus & install either the basic htc sense rom or a custom rom from a list you can find once you root.

My phone just did this tonight. What causes this???

I just ended a convo with a Samsung Chat Tech. I was told it is an issue with firmware and if you have the latest firmware on your device, you're basically out of luck. The device will need to be checked out by a service tech if a reset/restore doesn't fix the issue.