Evo 4G Glass Replacement/repair

SierraJulietSierra

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have checked the Forums before and I am a little confused on if i can get my Evo 4g Glass replaced at a sprint repair store...? it is cracked like a spider web but the touch screen still works great. I have insurance as well as repair covered, I read a few post about how they can replace it no charge or charge 35, also that they can not repair and i have to go through asurion. All i want to do is replace the Glass with little or no charge and hassle. Any one know what i can do?

SierraJulietSierra

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
NVM, I just spoke to a repair tech at a repair store locally.. Being Proactive. and he said that they can repair them it just depends on the size of the ribbons connecting the screens. Two different makes one thinner one thicker. It only takes about an hour and they replace it for free, well i have insurance and all that good stuff. So yea answered my own post..

pkp1217

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I shattered (not just cracked...but shattered) the screen on my EVO 4G about 3 weeks ago. I went to a Sprint store near Lenox Mall in Atlanta, GA and they were able to replace the galss screen, for free because I had insurance. They did say that there would be a chance they couldn't replace it--and that depended on the "insides" of the phone. Basically if the phone drops and things get displaced or moved around inside the phone, that can unrepairable.

Overall, I'm very happy with the replacement screen!

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If you have more than two cracks in your screen and/or they are more than two inches long, the service center is supposed to refer you to Asurion and have you file a claim (Sprint Policy). You pay Asurion a $100 deductible and Asurion overnights you a replacement.

If the service center gets caught not following policy they get billed back for the screens and labor charges. If it continues to happen, people get fired. Service centers operating outside the policy make it even harder for service centers that follow the rules as everybody ends up being "put on notice". The techs really don't get paid enough for the headache.

Reactions: popper668

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000