Camera not flush?

tscharf

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it me, or does the camera stick out a little on the back of the EVO?

If so, I'm not sure if I like the idea of not being able to set the phone flat on its back.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I think the lens itself is recessed a bit, and the ring around it is there to protect it. So unless you set it down in a pile of sharp rocks or nails, it should be ok.

rockcrawler

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Is it me, or does the camera stick out a little on the back of the EVO?

If so, I'm not sure if I like the idea of not being able to set the phone flat on its back.

It absolutely sticks out, at least the red bezel does. So does the Bezel on my Hero, as well as the incredible I believe by looking at photos. Though it has never posed an issue on my Hero, its always naked and on its back and has never even gotten a scratch on the bezel.

If it did not stick out then you would not be able to sit it from these angles.

htc-evo-4g-20-hands-1269376787.jpg

htc-evo-4g-comparo-07-hands-1269376715.jpg

Last edited:

tscharf

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Great pics. Thanks! I guess I missed those.

All you fanboys can flame away but I just don't see why it's necessary to have that bezel protrude from the back of the device.

gibsonhtp#IM

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
The bezel of the camera lens sticks out a bit because the speaker is right next to the camera...that way, if you have the phone laying down on a table, you can still here sounds coming from the phone instead of the table muffling it.

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
The bezel of the camera lens sticks out a bit because the speaker is right next to the camera...that way, if you have the phone laying down on a table, you can still here sounds coming from the phone instead of the table muffling it.

Yeah the Pre does exactly that.. When I sit it down on a table, it muffles the speakerphone... It's a design flaw.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon