Htc Hd2 Vs. Htc Evo

Daydreams

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Is it worth dumping the Htc Hd2 for the Htc Evo? I'm currently with T mobile but, I have a week to return it if I don't like the services.

Last edited:

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Differences are pretty much the carrier and WinMo vs. Android. On the last one the HD2 won't officially be getting an OS upgrade where it's assured the Evo4G will be updated as Android is.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the area. Sprint has a coverage map you may want to look at.
I find the service in my area quite good but for some reason I can't explain coverage in NYC is horrible especially on the outskirts of Brooklyn and the Bronx.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
AT&T has big problems in San Francisco and New York city. In general I think sprint is a better choice (definitely cheaper) since you roam on VZW and if your coverage is bad at your home/office you can get an airave for free.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you want a Windows OS and if you stick with the HD2, be prepared to start kicking yourself when the uber Windows 7 Phone comes out in a few months (at least I would). If you want Android go with the Evo.

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
In terms of hardware, the 2 are similar but the Evo has an 8MP camera, compared to thr 5mp on HD2. Also a front facing camera, hdmi output and kickstand. The most important thing to realize is that the HD2's Windows mobile 6.5 is a dying platform, although u might be able to flash windows mobile 7 on it, it wont be official and might give u trouble later on as that platform progresses.

I personally haven't had any problems with sprint service. A great perk of being a sprint customer is when u get the EVO, you will become a "Sprint Premiere" customer, as it'll require u to be on a plan of 69.99 or more per month, so you will be eligible for an upgrade next year around the same time.

Mystic205

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Well of course the thing to do is to check the coverage maps, but overall Sprint has the following:
1. covers greatest population of any US carrier..308M (includes PR and USVI)
2. 3G network has 5x coverage of ATT
3. more cell towers than any US carrier (forget source but was some survey)

So, while the 3G coverage may not be as great as VZ it is far superior to ATT and TMO, and the prices are much cheaper than VZ..

Other than the apps. is Sprint better than T mobile? I was with AT&T B4. Which has less drop calls?

letsgoflyers81

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
The EVO has some upgraded hardware vs the HD2 like the cameras and HDMI out. Aside from WM vs Android and Sprint vs T-Mobile service, also consider that the EVO is WiMAX enabled, so it's got 4G data. Sprint has WiMAX in 27 markets right now and plans to quadruple that by the end of the year. So if you're in one of those markets that should definitely be one of the deciding factors.

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Defenitly the Evo is a better device than the htc hd2 but let me tell you that yesterday i have a friend who has an hd and i was playing with it and the phone is preety impresive , is amaizing how the htc sense hides winmo so good that i'd say 85% of the experience u dont even notice that ur on a winmo phone, but of course the price is too high the device freeze when put under fire and it lacks apps for sure, but overall is a great phone the quality of the calls is superb and is really fast.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
The only good thing about WM6.5, is how many apps are available for WM.
However I'm sure that large WVGA screen breaks most of them q: