Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Default Release Date

So I was talking to a family member who works at sprint and he says evo coming out in may not June. He didn't know what day but he said may. So I started looking at some history and hd2 came out two weeks after the release party, if history would repeat itself that means evo around memorial day weekend. What do you guys think ?

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Speculation & conjecture !

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

With a three day weekend there would be a lot of foot traffic in Sprint Stores. It is not a bad idea for them to make that a big weekend push. We will probably know more on May 12th.

ROM

If this is true... I'll head to a sprint store ASAP and Get a Hero while i wait for the EVO

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Gosh! I hope your right!

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

The idea of a release day on memorial weekend makes sense..since there is gonna be more ppl walking in the stores..it sound good..lets just cross pur fingers and wait for any update on may 12th....
    This wait is killing me.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

If true, that would be the week before many of us webOS early adopters would be eligible for upgrade.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hmm...all they have been saying is "Summer 2010". Last I checked, Summer doesn't start until June 21st.

So until I see an Evo ad proclaiming an actual date, I am going to set my expectations to sometime at the end of June.

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

Quote Originally Posted by MisterRipper4 View Post
    If true, that would be the week before many of us webOS early adopters would be eligible for upgrade.
    At least it means that you get it the day you are up for a renewal! I am fine with this. I would be more annoyed if it came out several days/weeks after I was up for renewal when i would be in germany.

ROM

IDK if this will hold true guys... Sprint just announced the Blackberry 9650 for launch May 23rd... That would be Phone Suicide to release both at a similar time... We can still hope COME ON!!!!!

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    IDK if this will hold true guys... Sprint just announced the Blackberry 9650 for launch May 23rd... That would be Phone Suicide to release both at a similar time... We can still hope COME ON!!!!!
    True, but I have to think that the bold and Evo appeal to different market segments. I still don't think that the Evo is a solid business phone when compared to the Bold where multiple exchange accounts, heavy document editing, long battery life and heavy messaging are paramount.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

^ +1

Long battery life and corporate security profiles for phones are the highest barrier to entry for smartphones into the corporate market. Until someone comes close to BB on those - this will be a niche phone.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

While I don't know the stats, I'd think that the "hardcore" business user is becoming a niche market itself. By hardcore, I mean that I don't know a lot of folks that consider document editing as a necessity...though it is nice in a pinch (who doesn't travel with their laptop?). If my EVO can handle my single Exchange account & Gmail...well, the rest is pure fun.

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

That is how I feel. Not many people have a need for multiple exchange accounts, but it would be nice to see that added into Android.

I just need medical apps, connectivity and the ability to view PDF and photos, the rest is fun for me

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    True, but I have to think that the bold and Evo appeal to different market segments. I still don't think that the Evo is a solid business phone when compared to the Bold where multiple exchange accounts, heavy document editing, long battery life and heavy messaging are paramount.

I get your point there... but in my experience there are alot of people who use the BB as a social networking device... Myself included

I know certain people who would choose the BOLD over the EVO just because they are used to a BB...

Stupid I know but Its still dumb marketing releasing 2 phones in a small time frame like this... we dont care because we just want the damn phone...

Economically it wouldnt make sense

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    That is how I feel. Not many people have a need for multiple exchange accounts, but it would be nice to see that added into Android.

I just need medical apps, connectivity and the ability to view PDF and photos, the rest is fun for me
    What medical apps do you need? I have used Epocrates and Lexi-comp and after using both, I can say Epocrates is much better, especially since its free. It just runs smoother and also has pill pictures. Lexi has more information available though, so that may be a requirement as well. Your PDF and photo needs are covered

I use on my Hero without a bit of problem.

I just hope it doesn't release while I'm on the drive back to Cali.

My father will certainly be getting the new BB. I wouldn't even consider a BB.
    We'll probably be going to Best Buy together. Different markets for sure.
    Evo4G. Now with more Internet.

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

Quote Originally Posted by rufflez View Post
    What medical apps do you need? I have used Epocrates and Lexi-comp and after using both, I can say Epocrates is much better, especially since its free. It just runs smoother and also has pill pictures. Lexi has more information available though, so that may be a requirement as well. Your PDF and photo needs are covered
    Oh I know. I was just stating why I believe the Evo and BB Bold are for different markets. I fully plan to get epocrates on my Evo. Actually, one reason why I have attempted to switch to a hero at the moment is Epocrates requires 1.6 to run and the Hero has 1.5. I know I can flash up the 2.1 sense UI Rom, but I figure that is a bit of a hassle and I would need to resell the hero later, so why not just chill out for a month or two and study for the medical licensing exam?

Stupid I know but Its still dumb marketing releasing 2 phones in a small time frame like this... we dont care because we just want the damn phone...

Economically it wouldnt make sense
    Feel free to call me a village *****, but in watching what little TV I do it seems like Verizon and Sprint (AT&T as well) are all over the place when it comes to marketing phones. If they have a strategy I clearly don't know what it is.

I just visited Sprint's site - they had an ad for some LG message phone, some samsung phone and the Palm Pixi on their front page all in the same flash ad - thats 3 phones they are trying to pitch to me at the same time.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Angelworks View Post
    Feel free to call me a village *****, but in watching what little TV I do it seems like Verizon and Sprint (AT&T as well) are all over the place when it comes to marketing phones. If they have a strategy I clearly don't know what it is.

I just visited Sprint's site - they had an ad for some LG message phone, some samsung phone and the Palm Pixi on their front page all in the same flash ad - thats 3 phones they are trying to pitch to me at the same time.
    AT&T doesnt market anything but the iPhone... and sometimes for BB

Verizon is allowed to be all over the place... They are expensive but good so you choose your poison...

TMo and Sprint well we all know they are the "Lower" end providers even tho im with Tmo and i've never had an issue...
    They promote pretty well on each phone they sell... The phones on Sprints site have been out for a while so those dont count...

I just want my EVO I dont care anymore...

I'll be the village ***** here just sell it now bastards!
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Nice responses. I'm thinking they need to hurry up and get this thing out, there is a lot of new stuff coming and people might go elsewhere. Late may through June is going to be an exciting time for mobile phones, you have iphone hd, htc evo, blackberry 6 announced today. I cannot wait till both the iphone and evo are out and get reviewed head to head.

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

Nexus One in May, Evo in June.

AT&T doesnt market anything but the iPhone... and sometimes for BB

Verizon is allowed to be all over the place... They are expensive but good so you choose your poison...

TMo and Sprint well we all know they are the "Lower" end providers even tho im with Tmo and i've never had an issue...
    They promote pretty well on each phone they sell... The phones on Sprints site have been out for a while so those dont count...

I just want my EVO I dont care anymore...

I'll be the village ***** here just sell it now bastards!
    Not sure where you get that AT&T is only allowed to market the iPhone, last I checked the iPhone commercials are done by Apple, plus have you not watched TV lately they are marketing the Moto Back Flip quite a bit.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast