Release Date

Bbold9700

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So I was talking to a family member who works at sprint and he says evo coming out in may not June. He didn't know what day but he said may. So I started looking at some history and hd2 came out two weeks after the release party, if history would repeat itself that means evo around memorial day weekend. What do you guys think ?

Litt

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
With a three day weekend there would be a lot of foot traffic in Sprint Stores. It is not a bad idea for them to make that a big weekend push. We will probably know more on May 12th.

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
The idea of a release day on memorial weekend makes sense..since there is gonna be more ppl walking in the stores..it sound good..lets just cross pur fingers and wait for any update on may 12th....
This wait is killing me.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...all they have been saying is "Summer 2010". Last I checked, Summer doesn't start until June 21st.

So until I see an Evo ad proclaiming an actual date, I am going to set my expectations to sometime at the end of June.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
If true, that would be the week before many of us webOS early adopters would be eligible for upgrade. :(

At least it means that you get it the day you are up for a renewal! I am fine with this. I would be more annoyed if it came out several days/weeks after I was up for renewal when i would be in germany.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
IDK if this will hold true guys... Sprint just announced the Blackberry 9650 for launch May 23rd... That would be Phone Suicide to release both at a similar time... We can still hope :) COME ON!!!!!

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
IDK if this will hold true guys... Sprint just announced the Blackberry 9650 for launch May 23rd... That would be Phone Suicide to release both at a similar time... We can still hope :) COME ON!!!!!

True, but I have to think that the bold and Evo appeal to different market segments. I still don't think that the Evo is a solid business phone when compared to the Bold where multiple exchange accounts, heavy document editing, long battery life and heavy messaging are paramount.

Septro

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
^ +1

Long battery life and corporate security profiles for phones are the highest barrier to entry for smartphones into the corporate market. Until someone comes close to BB on those - this will be a niche phone.

russellpr

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
While I don't know the stats, I'd think that the "hardcore" business user is becoming a niche market itself. By hardcore, I mean that I don't know a lot of folks that consider document editing as a necessity...though it is nice in a pinch (who doesn't travel with their laptop?). If my EVO can handle my single Exchange account & Gmail...well, the rest is pure fun.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
That is how I feel. Not many people have a need for multiple exchange accounts, but it would be nice to see that added into Android.

I just need medical apps, connectivity and the ability to view PDF and photos, the rest is fun for me :)

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
True, but I have to think that the bold and Evo appeal to different market segments. I still don't think that the Evo is a solid business phone when compared to the Bold where multiple exchange accounts, heavy document editing, long battery life and heavy messaging are paramount.

I get your point there... but in my experience there are alot of people who use the BB as a social networking device... Myself included

I know certain people who would choose the BOLD over the EVO just because they are used to a BB...

Stupid I know but Its still dumb marketing releasing 2 phones in a small time frame like this... we dont care because we just want the damn phone...

Economically it wouldnt make sense

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
That is how I feel. Not many people have a need for multiple exchange accounts, but it would be nice to see that added into Android.

I just need medical apps, connectivity and the ability to view PDF and photos, the rest is fun for me :)

What medical apps do you need? I have used Epocrates and Lexi-comp and after using both, I can say Epocrates is much better, especially since its free. It just runs smoother and also has pill pictures. Lexi has more information available though, so that may be a requirement as well. Your PDF and photo needs are covered :)

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
My father will certainly be getting the new BB. I wouldn't even consider a BB.
We'll probably be going to Best Buy together. Different markets for sure.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
What medical apps do you need? I have used Epocrates and Lexi-comp and after using both, I can say Epocrates is much better, especially since its free. It just runs smoother and also has pill pictures. Lexi has more information available though, so that may be a requirement as well. Your PDF and photo needs are covered :)

Oh I know. I was just stating why I believe the Evo and BB Bold are for different markets. I fully plan to get epocrates on my Evo. Actually, one reason why I have attempted to switch to a hero at the moment is Epocrates requires 1.6 to run and the Hero has 1.5. I know I can flash up the 2.1 sense UI Rom, but I figure that is a bit of a hassle and I would need to resell the hero later, so why not just chill out for a month or two and study for the medical licensing exam? :p