1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Default Evo's design elements

Since Verizon (or Google) pulled the plug on the Verizon N1 my focus is now on the Evo. Sprint wouldn't be my first choice of network but I do have decent coverage in my area, (no 4G where I live by the way.)

My question is on the design choices HTC made for the Evo. I understand why the Incredible has the red accents, obnoxious over-used red under the battery cover, but why the Evo? I guess we can just be glad they didn't use "Sprint yellow."

I honestly don't mind the subtle red accents but why go crazy with red under the battery cover?

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

I suppose the use of red was meant to resemble a "Ferrari red" symbolizing the "speed" of a Ferrari. Just my guess though.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

I understand that the mass production devices will come in silver not in red...i really like black and red btw thats my nissan 350 z color, is aggresive.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

As long as it doesn't come in any color car I've owned
    Maroon VW Beetle
    White Nissan 300zx (great car, just not a fan of super white for a phone)
    Gay Powder Blue Trailblazer- even more light than the Prius color

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

the red doesn't bother me at all..i just want the phone to come out already. lol

Quote Originally Posted by yazman666 View Post
    I understand that the mass production devices will come in silver not in red...i really like black and red btw thats my nissan 350 z color, is aggresive.
    I just sold mine , It is definitely one of the best cars in the world... I just wanted a poon magnet so i got a cayman
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

I read the ear piece on the production model will actually be silver, never heard anything about the other accents. If it is red it will grow on me.

I'm hoping against the red too. I'd have to take a sharpie to the camera bezel.
    Won't have to look at all the stuff under the battery much :x
    Evo4G. Now with more Internet.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

red is actually my favorite color so i really dont mind it, and im pretty sure what ever the phone is everybody is still going to buy it.

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

I don't see how you could complain about what's under the battery door. You almost never have to see it, and the fact that it's colored just makes it interesting in my opinion. I love red, so I think that it's fine, but I would have no problem even if they had made it yellow, blue, green, pink, or whatever. It gives you something nice to look at when you take off the battery door :/

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

Red and black are a classic combo together, I don't really mind.

I think the red looks cheesy and cheap, but whatever. I'm already over it.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

It's not a big deal to me, just curious as to the color scheme choice. I wonder if it's more of an HTC trend, with the Inc. However red is not their brand either. Who knows.

didnt they say the actual sprint evo will have silver/gray accents?

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Seriously i'd love to see it red but if u check the picture on the official sprint site is silver ...i know it will be silver so lets hope for a special edition thaht comes in red..

Is it just me, or does it look more orange than red? It kinda looks like it is between Verizon Red and the Yellow/Orange of Palm's Logo.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yazman666 View Post
    Seriously i'd love to see it red but if u check the picture on the official sprint site is silver ...i know it will be silver so lets hope for a special edition thaht comes in red..
    The Sprint site shows the ear piece silver but you still have the red accents on the camera bezel and under the kick-stand etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainerd View Post
    Is it just me, or does it look more orange than red? It kinda looks like it is between Verizon Red and the Yellow/Orange of Palm's Logo.
    Well, maybe not. Check out the attachment. I did a sampling of each color from pictures on the Web.

Glad I don't do design for a living...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Evo's design elements-colors.jpg  
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Pictures are not always the best representation of color. Depending on the camera, lighting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cesjr02 View Post
    Pictures are not always the best representation of color. Depending on the camera, lighting etc.
    Yeah, I did notice some variations. The samples I used kinda represent an average. The Verizon and Palm colors are from their Web sites, so they should be fairly close.

Final version is silver in the earpiece and red on camera and kickstand.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

i love the phone but why would they want to put 2 different accent colors on such a prety phone?

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    ROM
    Warm Z 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by jake8188 View Post
    i love the phone but why would they want to put 2 different accent colors on such a prety phone?
    ^. phones are now an asthetic choice, for better or worse (better I think). Fortunately the EVO is a monster powerhouse. Would love to see the red and black make it into the final version.

Anyone notice that the camera bezel and area around the kickstand on the back of the EVO that was shown on the video screen at the Sprint announcement were glossy black and not red? Take a look at the 8:22 mark of this video ( ).

Only a render but we can hope. Red/black too much like the Incredible. No VZ colors!
    Evo4G. Now with more Internet.