Any insight for us Canadians? :)

TheWeakSleep

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey, so I have been looking around the forums for awhile, and I haven't quite found an answer to this question. That is,

Does anyone think it is at all likely that the evo will come to Canada?
There doesn't seem to be any real quality devices being sold out here, at least not ones that really interest me. I'm using an old BlackBerry Curve right now, and android seems to be exactly what I've been looking for to get away from this!

I realize that the device hasn't been released yet, I'm just hoping someone can tell me if it'll likely come here or not :(

Anyways, thanks in advance, although I have this sinking feeling that it may just be wishful thinking, hoping that it'll come to Canada :(

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Probably not. What type of network are you on in Canada? Telus has the Motorola Milestone which is GSM. If it did somehow makes its way up there, probably on a company like Bell. Who knows though as this device's main feature is the WiMax 4G. I don't know what the 4G plans are in Canada, but I'm sensing something weird with upcoming 4G that could pose delays in future devices, or rather, less interchangability.

USA: CDMA + WiMax, CDMA + LTE, GSM + LTE, GSM + HDSPA+
Europe: GSM + WiMax
none of these phones would be interchangable.

TheWeakSleep

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Ahh thanks for the reply,

I was afraid of that. I'm on telus right now, though in my area, the milestone isn't even listed as available on the site so I think if I were to get that I would have to order it from another area or something. I'm pretty new to this whole thing, as you could probably tell :)

Anyways, thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to keep looking !

Andrew M 56

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
are there any android devices that could be unlocked and used on bell? i dont understand how to check 100% but would phones like the incredible, or nexus one work? is there a way to check for sure?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown