Handcent problems since GB?

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Is it me?

1) Popups no longer work. I'm using Widget Locker but no popups even when that is disabled.

2) LED no longer flashes if a text comes in while on the charger

Running current EVO software and Handcent versions. Help appreciated. thx

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I had to download a new version after gingerbread that fixed the led and popups. Check the settings, pick them, then reboot the phone after saving them.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Did that, rebooted. Still doesn't work-popups. Go SMS works fine.

I have noticed the same problem. Before the GB update, and the new Handcent update, I had the option for two different notifications. Colors: Amber or Green, and Notification speeds as well. They could blink twice, blink fast, blink slow etc...

After the update it ONLY blinks Green with no option to change. Also no differences in speed for the blinks. So right now it uses the same notification light as the original notification light. Whereas before it would use a notification light on the other end of the speaker grill. That's what I've noticed. I could be wrong...but it seems like that's the reason.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My problems are with popups (do not work at all) and LED flashing during charging. I never used the WiMax LED 'hack'

yes, what i'm saying is that the 2nd LED made it so that it would blink while charging. Now it doesn't because it doesn't utilize that second LED anymore.

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Odd. Well I uninstalled GoSMS and Handcent entirely. Had to do the latter via 'Applications' as doing it from the market didn't work. I suspect either a bad build or a bad install and/or some issue with Go SMS. In any case I reloaded Handcent and everything works again-with the exception of the LED flash while on the charger-which GB seemed to break.

So, am I back to functioning the same as everyone else now?

thx

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Odd. Well I uninstalled GoSMS and Handcent entirely. Had to do the latter via 'Applications' as doing it from the market didn't work. I suspect either a bad build or a bad install and/or some issue with Go SMS. In any case I reloaded Handcent and everything works again-with the exception of the LED flash while on the charger-which GB seemed to break.

So, am I back to functioning the same as everyone else now?

thx

sounds like it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87