Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MengTian
  • 1 Post By zmann
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default How to remove password lock

I know this has been asked before, but most of the people are on Exchange servers. I have a password set, but I can't figure out how to remove the password pattern from my phone. Can anyone help?

Default Re: How to remove password lock

You have to know the original pattern I believe and remove it the same way you set it up, or you have to do a hard reset and lose all your data...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Yeah, I know the password. I just would like to disable it.

ROM
    MikG v2.2

you should be able to just do menu>settings>security>>change screen lock then enter the password and then choose none
    -MengTian
    kayleedarling likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MengTian View Post
    you should be able to just do menu>settings>security>>change screen lock then enter the password and then choose none
    -MengTian
    Absolutely correct

EVO-LUTION 3D
    love my evo.
    JPK567 likes this.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jellybean 4.2.1

zmann knows his stuff

sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks MengTian. This helped. The only thing I would add is that on the Droid Incredible at least, I needed to click "Continue" instead of "OK" to get to the screen to choose "None",

Is there a way to removing the password without doing a hard reset. I have fworgotten the pattern.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Sumit Bhatnagar View Post
    Is there a way to removing the password without doing a hard reset. I have fworgotten the pattern.
    I think if you try so many times it will ask if you to reset to a new one... i think...lol
    Also You could power off and restart it in safe mode and see if you can disable

First of all, Shut down the device. If the power button doesn’t work, pull the battery out of the unit, then replace it.
    Turn on the device.
    When the “HTC quietly brilliant” splash screen comes up, press and hold volume down, until you get a long vibrate response.
    Then you can release the volume button.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    I think if you try so many times it will ask if you to reset to a new one... i think...lol
    Also You could power off and restart it in safe mode and see if you can disable

First of all, Shut down the device. If the power button doesn’t work, pull the battery out of the unit, then replace it.
    Turn on the device.
    When the “HTC quietly brilliant” splash screen comes up, press and hold volume down, until you get a long vibrate response.
    Then you can release the volume button.
    After you get it wrong after the initial 5 errors, it will ask you if you want to unlock using your GMail information. After signing in, you'll be prompted to create a new password, etc, etc.
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    Thanked by:
    benny3 

Arrow Re: How to remove password lock

thanks ur answer solve my issue

Default How to remove password lock with Version 4.4.2, SGS3

I know my password but cannot find how to remove the lock.
    My version does not ask for PW in the security section to enable me to remove the lock.
    Thanks,

When I try to do this, the option "none" is grey and I cannot click on it. I do not have an exchange email. Why could this be happening?