Black screen but phone still works. HELP!

rideordiedeva

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have an HTC Evo 4G. I dropped it in some water for a minute i took out the battery and dried it off. Now there's no display on the screen. The back-light comes on (light but no picture), the led notification light blinks and all the sounds work (such as receiving text message). I just put it in rice, what else can I do to save my phone?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have an HTC Evo 4G. I dropped it in some water for a minute i took out the battery and dried it off. Now there's no display on the screen. The back-light comes on (light but no picture), the led notification light blinks and all the sounds work (such as receiving text message). I just put it in rice, what else can I do to save my phone?
pray. chances are the screen took some bad water damage. and chances are the screen is a bust i hope had insurance. or start looking at ebay for a clean esn

ak33

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if I dropped mine too hard, or if it was too hot out. But my screen is completely black. As if the phone is off. The phone turns on, rings, receives text messages, etc. I can answer it as well. So I assume the touch part works. However, it's completely black, so I can't tell fully. What could be the issue here? Would a broken LCD still allow you to answer your phone? Do I need a new lcd, digitizer, entire front casing, new wires? Please help me out here. I really don't have any money to be spending on a new phone. But I can do most repairs myself. Once I know which repairs to make..................... Thanks doll ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol