Apples WWDC is June 7th, how will Sprint time the Evos launch?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I had read a few weeks ago that June 22nd was supposed to be the day the new iPhone would be announced which kind of surprised me seeing that last years WWDC was on June 8th. Maybe the 22nd is the launch date for the iPhone, or maybe it's just some date someone pulled out of his....uh...rear end. Anyhow, last year Sprint hurried up and launched the Pre on June 7th, or was it the 9th? Anyhow, it was right around the time the 3GS was introduced. What will Sprint do this time? Seeing how they gave us "Summer 2010" as a "release date", I wonder if they are just trying to keep their options open to time the launch of the Evo just right? I can't imagine there is much of a hardware or software hold up, after all the Incredible pretty much runs the same software and it's coming out April 29th.

What would be the perfect launch date for the Evo?

Or will the launch of the iPhone not matter?

Will we get lucky and get Froyo on the Evo?

Questions upon questions. Picking a launch date definitely is not an easy thing, unless you're Apple, because everyone will focus on what they have to show the world no matter when it is.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
They launched the Pre on the 6th... I was one he got one on that day, but immediately stopped using it on the 19th... 3Gs Launch day. Unlike me, most people would return their devices for it. Honestly, it won't matter when the EVO is released if it is within 30 days of each. Those that really want the EVO/Sprint will stay there. Those that were waiting for an iPhone will get the iPhone/AT&T.

To answer perfect launch date question... NOW!

Yes, it will matter, but not for those that don't like the iPhone or the network. It may matter to those that could go either way.

FroYo... No Yo! It's already said to be releasing 2.1, but I don't see how 2.2 is going to change much either.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well, they said Froyo includes quite a few improvements, and supposedly full Flash.

June is going to be an exciting month!

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Honestly im so tired of this topic since too much bla bla bla and no phone but what can i say there is something that keeps making me come back to the release date forums ....

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yaz, we all feel the same way. Every bit of info I find that has anything remotely to do with the Evo, it will be discussed here...lol. I can't wait!

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing the same trend as last years Pre's launch.
weekend of the 6th or 13th are the likely dates.

I'd hope they weren't playing games around the iPhone announcement but I have no confidence in Sprint releaes.
It probably does have something to do with it.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well they screwed it up last year, hopefully they learned from the experience.

Anticipation...it's a wonderful thing....NOT! My middle name is "impatient"

Eguy

Lloyd Lover
Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind that Apple won't be RELEASING the iPhone June 7th, so it won't instantly kill the EVO sales, but the 13th seems to be the strongest date.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I'll bet it launches very soon after the May 12 party Sprint is hosting. The Premier customer contest ends on the 9th.

I just have a feeling they're going to surprise us with an end of May release.

dannydos

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
it needs to launch next month....while the hype is still strong. i hope this doesn't turn into a major fail like the pre(timing and ad wise).

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
LOL...that sounds familiar, I remember the time on the Pre as being on 3:10, or 3:20, forgot, so people though it will come out on March 10 or March 20, whichever it was.

Be nice if it was true.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well, I just watched that Video that you linked too, during the entire demo, it showed March 22, at the end it shows Thu Jun 1. The only problem with that is, is that June 1 is a Tuesday.

What gives?

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I believe the Pre was a Summer launch too(?).
7 more weeks to go is killing me. I don't see it launching any earlier.
That would through the BB pre-ordering into kaos. 12 weeks from announce to release.
But either way [spongebobvoice]I'm ready, I'm ready[/spongebobvoice].

ttkk1

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'll bet it launches very soon after the May 12 party Sprint is hosting. The Premier customer contest ends on the 9th.

I just have a feeling they're going to surprise us with an end of May release.

+1 maybe wishful thinking but I have always thought this made sense. :D

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
EDIT:
I was just watching this mouth watering video of the Evo and found a possible Easter egg - the date on the home screen at the end says "June 01". A hint perhaps? :D

Maybe, but other high-res close up picks also shows a "Thu" Jun 01. June 1st this year lands on a Tuesday, not a Thursday. (Thu, Jun 01) probably just looked good to the designer doing the renders.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Maybe, but other high-res close up picks also shows a "Thu" Jun 01. June 1st this year lands on a Tuesday, not a Thursday. (Thu, Jun 01) probably just looked good to the designer doing the renders.

Yeah I believe I just said that a couple of posts up.

But yep, you got the same great eyes that I do!