Whoa, all of my google account info is gone

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow, so I rebooted after I noticed the PRL update, and thought it was odd that I had some notifications asking me to log into google. I did, but it was not until later that I noticed that all of my google account information was gone.

I had to re-add all of my accounts, and my contacts are all messed up as a result - almost as if I am going to have to relink to facebook for profile pictures or something.

Does anyone have any insight? This is odd - did I do something to the phone, or was this a fluke of some sort. Maybe a burp in the google atmosphere that affected me?? :confused:

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Sounds weird... the good thing is that all of your contacts are in Gamil still, but i would re do the PRL update and then restart your phone.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
yeah, this is weird - I am sure I am missing something, but the contacts thing is jumping out at me for the moment. It looks like I am going to have to relink almost everyone's facebook profile in my contacts. It is odd though, because some are there already. :-\

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, I found something else that is messed up now. Google Music.

I do not have the option to 'Sync Music' in my google account now. Home>Menu>Settings>Accounts & Sync>Jaysus@gmail

This is odd, because I have access to all of the music on the cloud, but any changes I make no longer sync.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for being able to sync my music again? I am afraid to uninstall/reinstall the app because I do not want to lose all access to my music... but I sure would like to be able to sync everything.

lol - this one was bugging me, as I have made a bunch of changes over the last couple days, and had no idea what was going on. It took me until just now to realize that this is surely related to my original problem

ETA: Also, there is only one account listed in Google Music>Settings>Google Account

Last edited:

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I sent Google an email using the "Contact Us" link on the Google music beta help webpage.

My hopes are low for a satisfactory response though :(

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
hmmm, I thought I did this, but... once I cleared the data and force stopped the app. settings>application>manage applications>downloaded>google music

I was able to see the "Sync Music" option under my account. I was then able to sync from PC to phone. It looks like I am still unable to sync from phone to PC though.

ETA: Oh, it looks like I lost all the changes I made on the phone (playlists specifically) when i cleared the data. I guess I get to recreate them now too. Yay.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo