1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    ICS blazer ROM

Default battery doesnt last 10 mins...whats going on?

usually i charge my batter while im sleeping. when i woke up this morning i unplugged it. walked out to my car and it was already dying. i looked at the battery when i unplugged it and it was full. ive had this phone for only 2 months. its been charging in my car and its been at a consistent 25% for 4 hours...whats going on?? please help.

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Did u install any new apps. Its also possible that the battery might have died

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button

Default Re: battery doesnt last 10 mins...whats going on?

Sounds like it's just a battery that's gone bad. It happens, even to brand new ones.

Not to hijack your post but my evo for the past few days has been acting this same exact way. I did buy a new charger and the charger will only charge the battery half way (it is the stock charger, I just bought a new one). I am assuming it is the battery but I am calling on you guys for your opinion.

So my problems are the charger only charging the battery half way and then I have to use my laptop to charge it fully, then I haven't even been using it and I take it off the charger in the morning and by 6:30pm my evo is DEAD!

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Sounds like a bad charger or a bad usb port. Do you have a spare battery to test?
    TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) • CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) • Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked • Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift• JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 • DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

It does kinda sound like the charger, but the charger I got for my blackberry used to charge it just fine also but doesn't anymore either, I wish I had another battery to test it with but I don't. It is just weird because it just started acting like this a few days ago and I have done a factory rest with no apps installed and it is still acting up.

I am doing a test with my phone, I charged it fully from my laptop and put it in airplane mode and I've been letting it sit for a while just like it has been and I just looked at the graph for my battery. Earlier today ever since I took it off the charger the graph was in a free fall but now that it is in airplane mode it is holding steady.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Airplane mode uses very little power since all radios are off, so I'm not surprised it's holding. I would take the phone in to a Sprint repair center and have them test the battery. If the battery isn't faulty, you probably have a bad USB port and will need a replacement.

To the original poster, is your device getting really hot after its been charing for say 30 minutes? IF so then something is consuming the power as its going to your device. IF not then your battery is likely bad. If the battery is not taking the charge and the phone is not getting hot then no juice is flowing in or being used up.

Try to download Battery Monitor Widget. Its good about shoing power consumption and charge.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+