Any ideas to boost signal?

w3unowy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I currently live in a dorm room in a smaller college town and use the HTC Evo 4g. (sounds like a perfect signal strength scenario right?) Anyway, i was wondering if there is any product or DIY project i could do to improve the signal quality in my room?
Thanks for any ideas, this is my first post on this forum but i have read many posts before.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a high speed internet connection in your dorm room. Not a WiFi but a hard line connection. If you do call Sprint and get an "Airave" unit from them. It's like a mini cell tower. I've had one for a while now and it works perfect.

Call Sprint and ask to be put through to retentions, tell them you are thinking of leaving Sprint for another provider. Tell them your room mate has a Verizon phone and gets perfect reception sitting right next to you. You maybe able to get the unit and service for free.

Viewing it

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
are you looking for 3g/ cdma signal or 4g. if your not after 4g you can get a 3 watt booster that works with your phone. I own one i use in my truck, you can use it anywhere there is also ones made specifically for the home/ office situation.

w3unowy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Im really just looking to boost my cell reception, 3G would just be a bonus. 4G is impossible where i am at. I will look into both solutions, thanks guys!

rdean

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
are you looking for 3g/ cdma signal or 4g. if your not after 4g you can get a 3 watt booster that works with your phone. I own one i use in my truck, you can use it anywhere there is also ones made specifically for the home/ office situation.
Any additional information on a "3 watt booster"?

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I personally own a wilson. I can talk 7 miles further down the road on a rural road where I normally lose signal. They have a 30 day return policy if you don't like how it performs.

Just google cdma signal booster for other options and check shopping tab for pricing they have come way downing price over the years.

www.wilsonelectronics.com

Last edited:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I personally own a wilson. I can talk 7 miles further down the road on a rural road where I normally lose signal. They have a 30 day return policy if you don't like how it performs.

Just google cdma signal booster for other options and check shopping tab for pricing they have come way downing price over the years.

www.wilsonelectroinics.com

That's odd....the link doesn't work. :(

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
That's odd....the link doesn't work. :(

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

My bad fixed it. swype been problematic since the 3.2 update....

Excuses aside. If you have any questions ask and I will offer you what I have for answers. My dad has a different brand and he is happy with his too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007