Evo EOL come October

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
My EVO will last me another year. I waiting for EVO III (2012) or the Nexus 3.

But the EVO 4G is a great phone that I am still proudly carrying.

h20squirter

Apr 19, 2010
www.rossmeadows.com
I'm kind of surprised at the short lifespan of the EVO, my only guess is that they aren't selling as many of the EVO 3D's as they wanted, so they figure if they kill the EVO 4G then you only have one choice for EVO. I mean hell Sprint kept the Hero around forever! The EPIC 4G i completely agree with being cancelled though, my wife is on her 3rd one right now and its going back to the store on Thursday, it's a serious POS phone. hopefully the next EVO they come out with isn't gimmicky like the EVO 3D, and when it comes out it will dominate just like the EVO 4G did when it dropped.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm kind of surprised at the short lifespan of the EVO, my only guess is that they aren't selling as many of the EVO 3D's as they wanted, so they figure if they kill the EVO 4G then you only have one choice for EVO. I mean hell Sprint kept the Hero around forever! The EPIC 4G i completely agree with being cancelled though, my wife is on her 3rd one right now and its going back to the store on Thursday, it's a serious POS phone. hopefully the next EVO they come out with isn't gimmicky like the EVO 3D, and when it comes out it will dominate just like the EVO 4G did when it dropped.

Agreed and will keep mine until I see something that that blows my mind away like the Evo did.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm still using my Evo until my upgrade in 2012 (Dec). Till then, I can't love this phone anymore. Especially with SPB shell 3D launcher - totally cool. :cool:

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Just had my original EVO 4G replaced due to faulty USB charging port and got an Otterbox Defender case for the replacement unit. This phone still fits the bill for me and although I qualify for an upgrade I have no plans on replacing it. :)

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I love my EVO and will not give this thing up until I get an internal hard drive failure. This phone is still a beast if you ask me with no signs of slowing up. The next Nexus device is about the only thing that could get me to retire my EVO, but then again if it still going strong then I'll probably end up continuing to rock my EVO. :)

Last edited:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
why so early? It's still one of the most popular phones out there

Perhaps its to drive up sales of the EVO 3D, though I don't see anything being as popular as the OG EVO. Since it was the first of the "big boy" phones, anything after that has its work cut out for it...regardless of carrier.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692